Target Weber Clearance has started (YMMV)

I had noticed a couple/few months ago that one of my local Target stores had a single 14.5 WSM (DCPI code 009-07-0441) on the shelf. I've been keeping an eye on it. When the annual Weber clearance started, there was no movement on it. About 2 weeks ago, it finally got marked down 30%… down to $139. Great price, and lower than Wally World ($154 there), but seeing as how I already have a mini WSM, I walked away. That was last Monday. 2 days later, on Wednesday, I looked it up using the inventory checker… immediately headed up to the store. Not sure if this was a goof up or what, but the price went from 30% off straight to 70% off… $59.98!! Wish they would've had more in stock. With tax, cost me $65.75. I still couldn't believe it today when I pulled a tasty, tasty spatchcocked chicken off of it.

Amazing. Thanks, DaveW for posting the inventory checker here (and I'm assuming that's you who posted it over @ WKC, too).

I wish I hadn't seen this! Inventory checker shows a store 30 minutes from me that has 7 of them at that price! (meanwhile, every other store within 100 miles has 0) Seems too good to be true...

I wish I hadn't seen this! Inventory checker shows a store 30 minutes from me that has 7 of them at that price! (meanwhile, every other store within 100 miles has 0) Seems too good to be true...

I started to head there and called on the way but they are all out!

If you grabbed an extra, can I buy one?

Picked up a JJ for my SIL last Wednesday. He has a Performer and a mini-WSM (SJ). They have a camper and PU truck. The Performer is too large for camping and the mini-WSM is too small. I think the JJ will be "just right!"

QUESTIONS: What are DCPI codes? What do the initials stand for? Are they specific to retailers or generally used across retailers? Where can one find the DCPI codes for other items, like the WSM, et al?

DCPI stands for DePartment, Class, Item. It's Target's internal inventory numbering system. Don't know of anyone else that uses it.

Here's a link that explains in detail with photos.

http://frugalfinders.com/target-dpci-number/

I got a JJ on clearance from Target last week for $42.
Today, I checked with the inventory checker & it said they had one left for $18.
I went back to Target & they will not pricematch clearance items.
I could return the one I purchased for a refund & then buy the other one as long as I had the box.
The box is gone so I though "Hmmmm... I can just buy the one for $18 & return it with the other receipt."
So I take it to checkout & it's still $42. I have customer service double check it & it's still $42.
Anyway, I'll take the info on the inventory checker with a grain of salt from now on.

I have been watching my store, they have had 2 for $29.98 each for the last couple of weeks. This morning I checked the inventory checker and it said they had 2 at $17.98 each. So I went to the store and price tag showed $29.98. Scanned it and it said the same. Talked to a guy working back there and showed him the Brickseek on my phone listing it at $17.98. He said tell them up front I said to honor the price. He would only let me have 1 for that price. I was going to buy both and gift the other. So I got one for $17.98.

He said since Brickseek is a third party site he couldn't sell both for that price. He also said tomorrow they will mark items down again, but that don't mean everything in the store will get a mark down.

Argh! I took off from work to head out to a local Target than the inventory website said had marked the Q1200 down to $59.97, and the JJ was supposed to be around $20 or so.
When I got there, I ran the UPC labels under the price scanner and it said $99.98 and 29.99. Damn! So I asked an employee with one of those handheld scanners if they could verify the prices. Yep, still $99.98 and 29.99. DAMN! So I hurried back to work a bit disappointed.
I will certainly take those online inventory checkers with a grain of rock salt from now on. I wish I knew someone who worked at that store.

Woohoo! What a difference a day makes. I just picked up two Q1200's for $59.98 each and a Jumbo Joe for $17.98! $150.01 out the door for all three.

Well, I guess I got lucky. When i was at Target a week ago, anticipating the 70% off only to find a 50% off sale, the clerk said buy what you want and if the price drops, you have 2 weeks to get a match so I bought one of the two q1200's and one JJ for $99 and $30. I read above that the price match does not apply to clearance items so I was afraid the "plan" wasn't going to work but if that was the case, i would just return them as it wasn't something i really "needed". Went to the target today and the items left were few and far between but, the items were in fact 70% off. They had an 18 inch hinged grate for $5 and a spriit e210 weber grill cover for $14. I bought both, and, asked the clerk if she would price match on my previously purchased q1200 and JJ. She said they are not supposed to match on clearance items but she will do it this one time so the new price was $59.99 and $17 for the JJ. I'll consider myself lucky.

You really did great, Davidd.
I did check the prices on the Smokey Joes and the 18.5" One Touch Silvers and they were not reduced at all.

Back