Tamworth Heritage pork tenderloin

JSMcdowell

TVWBB All-Star
A family member picked up some heritage pork from a local farm and brought me the tenderloin. They raise Tamworth and Tamworth – Berkshire cross breeds. It was frozen so I let it thaw in the fridge for a couple days and cooked it on Monday night.

For the tenderloin I started with S&P and brushed on a little olive oil to prevent sticking, I seared over a hot (425°) fire just a couple minutes a side and moved it indirect (pork temp was about 80° at that point). I then brushed it a couple of times with fresh herbs from my garden chopped up in olive oil until the pork hit 120°. Let it rest while I reheated the asparagus. Sliced and plated.

Started out with 1, or maybe 3, of these

IMAG0560.jpg

Asparagus

IMAG0565.jpg

Tenderloin with sliced yukons in the back

IMAG0563.jpg

Wife’s plate

IMAG0567.jpg

My plate

IMAG0569.jpg

This was by far the best tenderloin I have ever cooked in my life. I regularly cook Berkshire chops from my local farmer’s market and we love them as much as a steak. I have cooked a couple tenderloins from there as well, but it might have been my method on those tenderloins as they were not nearly as good as this one.

Thanks for looking.

Now here's a Man that knows how to start a cook and post! And finish it too. All looks Excellent Sir!

You said you cooked to 120 degrees and let it rest what was the final temp. By your pictures it looks to be a nice medium rare.

Great looking Tenderloin Josh

Thank you everyone.

Bill, I pulled it off at 120° with my instant read, so I didn't have a probe left in for the rest to see. I wouldn't think it went up too much because it was a very small tenderloin.

The thin end was medium, still tasty though. The slices on the purple plate were a nice medium rare and were from the middle of the tenderloin. You can see on the colorful plate the top slice was a little more on the rare side as it came from the thick end where I temp'd at 120°.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The thin end was medium, still tasty though. The slices on the purple plate were a nice medium rare and were from the middle of the tenderloin. You can see on the colorful plate the top slice was a little more on the rare side as it came from the thick end where I temp'd at 120°. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's nothing better than high quality pork from a trustworthy source. I cook it like beef, never past 135*

Back