Buy the S-670?

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

Mack Manning

TVWBB Super Fan
I miss the rotisserie burner from my rusted out Summit. There is a late model S-670 for $600 locally. It has the typical rusted out cabinet bottom. I'm happy with my Genesis II S-435, but would like the extra rotisserie height and IR burner.

I hold a grudge against the current version of the Summit. On the other hand, if you really like big, know what you are getting into, and are up for a major challenge and money drain - why not?!!!😏

I’m selling mine, no rust, no box rot and NG. Asking price is $1350. Not that you’re local to buy it but that what a very good condition one lists for around here ($1100-1400).

They’re great grills if you can find a clean one. But for $600 and a rusted cart, I’d pass. Not worth the time unless you can fix it for cheap.

I doubt anyone can talk you out of what you want to do. ( personal experience)
For the $600, what are you getting? How long will it work for you? I have no knowledge of a late model s-670,
but I can tell you that if you put $600 into a classic original Weber Genesis, your descendants will be grilling long after the Summit rusts away.
Check out my restoration thread on my old grills: https://tvwbb.com/threads/restoration-projects-1992-genesis-1-and-late-80s-genesis-2.76238/
d1d6891d-4e13-444e-99e6-512156432a03-jpeg.60250

Merry Christmas!
Gerry

Last edited:
I miss the rotisserie burner from my rusted out Summit. There is a late model S-670 for $600 locally. It has the typical rusted out cabinet bottom. I'm happy with my Genesis II S-435, but would like the extra rotisserie height and IR burner.

$600 , nope. $200 maybe, but I would need to see many pics
to give it a good assessment. "Late model," ?? My definition of
late model would be 5 years old or newer. With a rusted out floor
it is likely 10 years older or more. Lastly, you made not mention of
the real Achilles heal .... the fire box front panel.

Yeah total money pit. Just get a real Genesis. Then you have a great grill and a great rotisserie machine.

I think you dodged a boat load of problems. If I am interpreting the pictures correctly, it looks like a lot of rust on the left bottom that may also have already started ruining the left frame legs. If beyond repair you would have to replace that whole side. Not worth it in my opinion.

I agree with Larry’s recommendation. Get a real, classic Genesis - or even two. That would give you more grilling space than the Summit and grills built to last.

Well, I still love my Summit S-670, but it is a 2008 model and I keep it under a covered porch. I do wish I had the "tuck-a-way" rotisserie motor, but mine pre-dates that option. To me the photos did not look bad. I lucked up in 2009 and bought mine virtualy unused from someone who had been transferred cross-country and it was to expensive to ship. He sold it to me for $1,000 (only 6 months old at the time - a totally insane discount at the time for what it was) and he bought a new Green Egg when he got settled in.

Back