TAILGATE SUNDAY WEEK 2

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by david brociner:
Not to sound like the total newbie that I am but what kind of cooking grate is that you have on the kettle?

Colts may have beaten the Giants but in terms of throwing helmets into the stands it was Giants 1 Colts 0.
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is a link I found by doing a quick search.
http://www.cast-iron-grate.com/

Im sure others will chime in that have these or ones like them. Man I wish I had these for the wsm! Hope this helps. Vince

Thanks for that link. Looks like that would be useful for the kettle, not sure that the WSM throws off enough heat to make full use of the cast iron.

I have a lodge grill pan/griddle that I use all the time on my Genesis. I get the thing really hot and then use it to get a good sear on steaks before moving them to the unlit third of the cooking surface to finish cooking indirectly.

Hey David, sorry I didn't get back sooner. The cast iron grates are good. I saw everyone here using them so I had to try it. The Weber puts out plenty of heat to get a good sear. I posted some pics earlier that showed some pork chops we did. The only problem I am having is when I flip the meat, the second side is sticking. I am sure I can come up with a remedy for that. Other than that, I love it.

Probably just need to season the grates a little more. Maybe brush the meat with a little oil before turning?

You've got the right Manning but I wouldn't trade anything for that win over the Pats in the Super Bowl. I'm good for another decade off that one.

CIGs is def something I need to pick up but I can't right now. Although my bday is coming in a few months. I'll throw some hints at the wife. Hey lets face it...she benefits from it!

We seem to have a common foe in the Pats. I was plowing snow during that Super Bowl and I got out of my truck and danced at the end. Not a pretty sight, but enjoyable. I on the other hand am still hurting from the last one. I would rather not make the Super Bowl than lose another one.
icon_mad.gif

I'm a Giants fan so that superbowl was amazing. I think I wanted the Giants to beat them even more because they made songs about going 19-0 and there was a book already printed and ready to be released called: 19-0 The Perfect Season. That's what made it even sweeter!

Vince, I have your Italian roast beef sandwich in the works now. The beef and gravy are in the fridge. All the other makings are on the cabinet. It's 6 pm now and I'm aiming for dinner at 7:30. Planning on 1 hour to slice the meat, reheat with the gravy, and cook the sweet peppers. It just looked so good that I couldn't resist. Thanks for the recipe.

We just ate it. That 4lb roast is now just a snack for 1. The sandwichs were very good. That recipe will go into the keeper file for sure. Thanks again.

Bill Im glad you had a chance to make them! I was actually thinking about making them this weekend because its been a while since I last made them. The real credit for this recipe goes out to Ray Lampe. Thanks none the less. Vince

Back