Szechuan Beef on the Weber Performer and Wok

Peter Gallagher

TVWBB Wizard
Did a quick stir fry last night -

got the oil hot and add some chilies:

52488667847_f543ef0f7f_c_d.jpg

first the tri-tip:

52489440479_d27db0ecae_c_d.jpg

...then the vegetables (onion, cauliflower, broccoli and garlic - lots of garlic)

52489155726_31fa5929e9_c_d.jpg

then add the sauce (oyster sauce, garlic chili sauce, thin soy, water, rice vinegar, sesame oil, corn starch) and the meat back in....

52489155426_ca2d46a0af_c_d.jpg

...and served:

52489155291_845fa4487b_c_d.jpg

....it was pretty good, but the real reason I wanted to create a thread was to post these drinks we made last Sunday for the BEARS game.... Chicago style hotdog Bloody Marys! I should have took an action shot on the grill, but I think these (kinda) count as BBQ items as I did the skewers garnish on the Genesis gasser - Onion, Sport Pepper and a chuck of a Vienna hot dog- pulled them and added the tomato and kosher dill pickle - and sprinkled with celery sauce... Did they help secure a win? naw, the BEARS lost, but they they sure were fun.... :)

52488667987_7c27e8a48b_c_d.jpg

Stir fry looks amazing, but snow already...what?!?!
it snowed in Nevada City, CA last night, the sierra cement type (super wet and heavy) and a 6" branch came off a tree and dented my client's SUV roof, broke two windows and took off a passenger mirror. yes, there's snow already.

Last edited:
The stir fry looks great! But that drink kinda scares me a little. 😳🤣
lol... my wife looked at them and exclaimed, 'uh, gross' - but she was a good sport and sucked one down anyway ..... :)
Stir fry looks amazing, but snow already...what?!?!
right? sort of crazy - we didn't get much - around 4" on Friday, but too early!...... 23 degrees this morning!
it snowed in Nevada City, CA last night, the sierra cement type (super wet and heavy) and a 6" branch came off a tree and dented my client's SUV roof, broke two windows and took of a passenger mirror. yes, there's snow already.

yikes....!

Oh heck, I didn’t know Chicago still had a football team…

I kid, I kid! My Broncos aren’t doing much at all haha. The cook looks good, darn tasty!

Back