Sweeper mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike-Ren

Hey folkz..I got my new performer about a month ago and love it !!! One thing ive noticed on mine is the sweepers don't quite go far enough in both directions to sweep all the ash out..Ive been using a brush to get the little pile it leaves behind..Is this normal or did i get a bad one?? Can they be adjusted in some way> It's like it needs to go one inch further ...thx for any thoughts.......mike

If they are installed right, they will just cover the openings at one extreme and just touch the edge of the adjacent opening at the other. Try putting the handle into the mounting hole from the other side.

i still use a dollar wisk broom to clean away any remaining crapola that the one-touch does not get OR reach.
i really do like starting with a very clean kettle.
call me anal, butt lookout
icon_biggrin.gif

That's just like my OTG.
The sweepers were installed at the factory, so that's pretty much the way they are supposed to work, to a point.

Tim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
download the ist and install them correctly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL.. I'm pretty sure i installed them correctly...
icon_biggrin.gif

Unless I'm missing something, the OTG has the same ash catcher ring as the performer.. right??
The slot for the handle can only allow the sweeper to go to the right or left until it stops at a leg, which will equal fully opened, or closed..

Tim

Lew has it right. The handle needs to be removed then rotate the blades 180 degrees. Reinsert the handle. You can do it by just removing the wing nut on the very bottom. My brother's came like that, and I accidentally installed my replacement one-touch system backwards.

If it is working the way Lew describes... Use the Jim Lampe method to clean up the rest.

The other inconvenience that I noticed on my 2010 performer (may or may not be on other models) is that the sweeper arm is to the right under the table. This may not be a big deal to most but when you are 6'-4"; it's a ways to bend over. If Weber would have put the holes for the slide aside and burner in the opposite sides of the kettle the sweeper lever could have been installed directly out the front, in a better location IMO.

Look at the leg sockets on the bottom of the kettle and you will see what I mean, would be a very simple fix for a much better product.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back