Surf and Turf

Scott Waller

TVWBB Fan
Got mesmorized walking thru the seafood section when I saw this giant lobster tail. I have always enjoyed them but had never cooked one myself. Decided I was going to take a big risk and spend the money and grill that 20 oz lobster. Downside was $35 for the tail. Upside was a extremely full tummy and probably a nap. Started grilling the filets first at about 375 knowing the tail wouldn't take as long. After first turn of the filets, added the lobster tail to the mix and grilled it 10-12 minutes with one turn. Cooked it longer because of the size because everywhere I read was 5-7 minutes but 7oz tail. Needless to say, dog is mad because he got none and wife is mad because I am going to nap. But my stomach is full and satisfied. Hope you enjoy the pics and any suggestions are appreciated.

Look at the size of this sucker.

nice little butter bath before his final journey!

Great looking food Scott, i'm not the worlds biggest sea food fan (which is very rare here in Qld) but i do like Lobster and yours looks fantastic!

Phone never rung.. Did i miss your call??? Ok, i forgive you.. Please save me a tail for next time.. Really, plate looks great. I know you enjoyed it .. Good for you.....

Back