Supposedly Brand new never used Weber Grill Genesis 1000 $1,000

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Platinum Member
Seems a little steep to me. I think the cover is quite cool though.

Is worth for the historical reason and to a collector. Not to grill on it. Is a conversation piece.
This forum exist because the classic Weber is a great engineering design. We here 30 years later restoring Weber grills is proving that.
One can buy a $300 restored Weber and grill all day.

Last edited:
I agree if you are comparing this grill to a restored weber at 200 to 300 bucks it's not worth it. But compared to a new 2021 weber 3 burner at about $1000 it is. This grill would likely outlast a brand new weber by a fairly wide margin.

And dropped to $800 already. Too far to drive for me, but would be a nice piece to display if you have the $ to burn.

This is really quite close to me, so if any of you want to buy it. I would be willing to pick it up and hold in my garage for up to a month or so if you want to come to Richmond VA pick it up.

I asked the guy for some photos of the inside under the grates. He sent me a video. Seems like a legit new grill to me even though the video is a bit grainy.

Yeah, that looks legit and is pretty cool. Still, I don't think it looks any better than one of yours after restoring and having the aluminum parts sand blasted. The whole value, as others have noted, is for someone to put it on display. I am a collector nut, but not an $800 nut!

Yes, exactly. It will take the right kind of buyer. Likely a collector that wants a display piece. But I still think he might wind up having to come down a bit more to actually sell it.

Yes, exactly. It will take the right kind of buyer. Likely a collector that wants a display piece. But I still think he might wind up having to come down a bit more to actually sell it.
How low would it have to go for it to get sold?

That is a good question Rich. Even if this listing winds up being marked SOLD, we won't know if he wound up selling it for less or not. If he would drop it to $600-$700, I think he would find a buyer in fairly short order.

Back