Superbowl Smoking?/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul S74

TVWBB Member
Anyone firing up the ol' WSM for the big game this Sunday??

I have a few butts and few racks of ribs that I will be cooking up.

What a great day it will be, great food and watching my beloved Patriots winning Superbowl #2!!

Go PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm planning on making 3 to 4 butts for the big game. This will be my first overnighter, so I am a little nervous. However, it is a lot better than having to wake up at 4:00 in the morning to start it off.

If I'm not going fshing, I will be doing 10-15 lbs of jerky. When I'm done with my modifaction, I post pics.

If I can find a brisket, I'll do that. Otherwise, maybe some salmon or some babybacks. I'll have to crack open my copy of Smoke N' Spice and think about some appetizers, too... maybe some ABTs would be in order. Ooh, and cheese. Kevin LOVES cheese. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kelly

I got a 3 pack of spares thawing in the fridge and I'll do my first ribs on the WSM. I don't have anymore good commercial rub so I'll have to pick one out of the Smoke'n Spice book. Anyone have a recommendation?

I've got 2 racks of Baby Backs in the fridge and a briskie (my first) with my name on it at Sam's. Also gonna whip up a batch of Mark's Mighty Mix (Chex, that is).
--------------------
Mark WAR EAG..er..I don't know who to pull for

[ Let's keep this thread alive! ]

Okay, I'll confess upfront I'm more interested
in the Q and ads than the big game...

That said, bein' from NC, I've gotta go with
Carolina and with pulled pork on Sunday. After
great success with butts in the past, my plan is
to do one regular Boston butt, with a second
Jerk Butt. After reading a bit here and there,
I plan to buy a boneless butt, open 'er up,
slather on the jerk paste from Steve Raichlen's
book, and then smoke over hickory to 195*F.

If you've had some success w/jerk pork, I'd love
to hear about it!

No WSM use this Sunday, however I am going to rotis a couple of chickens on the kettle. Probably add a small chunck of apple wood for mild smoke.

I've got to agree with Richard....

The food and the commercials rule over the game.

I plan on smoking a brisket (if I can find one). If I go with the brisket it will be my first overnight cook. A little nervous about it too!!

If I can't find the brisket I will probably do a few racks of babybacks. That way I won't have to pull an all nighter.

ABT's, 2 shoulders - 1 mustard, 1 Mr. Brown and maybe some ribs.

Now I just need to get CBS in Hi Def for the 90" screen. I'm also more in it for the ads than the game.

Rob

Hi

Just got my wsm and a Et-73 /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif . Planning on smoking a Pork Butt and Cook Chicken wings for a party of 8 peoples.

I hope the weather here will be ok. We should be in the -10/-15 for tomorrow so I hope this will not be a problem with the new toys. For my first cook I don't want to risk an overnighter so I'm doing it daytime.

Have fun

Going for my biggest cook yet. Two butts and a brisket starting Saturday at 7:00 pm till Sunday morning. Then pull those and do a Turkey and ham with the water pan empty (about 5 hours).

Just doing a couple slabs of ribs and some ABTs tomorrow to test out my insane, ultimate WSM modification. (see Mods Forum)

Pork Butt is on right now (Saturday evening)...

When the butt is finished late Sunday morning, I'll tear down the smoker, empty the water pan, reload with more charcoal, smoke, and a Rib-Eye-Roast!

I'm excited, this is my first semi-complex cook.

Go Patriots!!
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-Albert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back