Super Bowl Cooking

M D Baldwin

TVWBB Super Fan
What is everyone cooking for the big game. It is supposed to be about 13 F and some snow, but who cares. I am doing a 6 lb butt.

Forecast High 4 F Low -10 w/ Wind Chill -20 F
We are looking at a nice high of -16 F
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

I also DON'T CARE!!
Da Bears are in the Super Bowl!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Smokin' 5 slabs and grillin' a boatload of ABTs

Taking the plunge w/ my first brisket.
I was a Sam's on Thursday and thought I'd pick up a pack of butts. To my suprise, they had packer briskets. One was 11 lbs. and the other was 16lbs.

I chose the bigger one.

Log onto this site to review how to prep this hunk of cow, and I read that I should have selected the smaller one. Ouch. Somewhere on here I read that no matter what I do, this old tough cow will end up tough. Sure hope not.

Turns out that it had a fat cap a good inch think, so I lost a good deal of weight trimming that off.

It was still too big to fit on the top grate. I used bamboo skewers to fold over the thin end and pin it to the middle.

Fired the weber using Minion, and threw in about five baseball sized chunks of oak. I'll check back with some results later.

Good luck to all the Super Sunday smokers. This forum has been great to me for the past few years. Just registered this week, but plan on giving back a little to this forum in the future. Lots of great advice and help floating around these parts.

Got a turkey all ready to go for Super Sunday. Using Wine-Oak wood for the smoke. 1st time using this wood on Turkey.

Two butts over over a brisket. Hickory & wine staves, getting started in 90 minutes. It'll be my first sub-zero cook.

BEARS!!!

My dog's eyes are glued on the 10.7 lb brisket that sits in our WSM smoker.

We are going with the brisket and some ABTs for tomorrow.

Go Colts!!!!

supersmoke.jpg

The high temp today will be 8 F. High winds are also in the forecast. Not good smoking weather. I will be cooking nothing outdoors today. I guess I am a wimp...

Go Colts !!!

got 8 lbs of butt and 3 racks of baby backs. it was 4 degrees here when i put the butt on at 3am. pictures later

Four BBack Racks and then trying to smoke some shrimp at the end(never tried shrimp). About 22 out and sunny.
As long as the beer is as cold as the air...Good day to BBQ

Da Bears!!!

Back