Super Bowl Cooking

3 dozen ABT's

6 lbs marinated chicken breasts

10 lb packer (wet aged 15 days, cooking high temp)

4 lbs marinated mushrooms

The game? Who cares......lol

My butt's are hang'n out waiting for a party..... that's two 7 lbs and my own.... It's a good day!

Q'n, Golf'n & Grill'n.... too many choices!
Gary

Got a 10 lb. turkey going in the smoker shortly, baked beans and my wife's cole slaw. Almost forgot,chips, guacamole and beer while the turkey is doing its thing........

Butt's on, it is 9 F, 10-15 mph wind and a good smoke going on. I hope to pull it and foil it about 5PM. Wife is making baked beans and cole slaw. Go Bears!!!

5 lbs of wings - going to smoke them with pecan and then finish them off with a raspberry chipotle glaze in the oven.

Rave revies came in for my brisket and turkey during the game. The brisket was tender, moist and delicious as was the turkey. My neighbor kept asking me how I did it. I thik it was my best brisket yet.

Got rave reviews on the ribs, first attempt, had my father-in-law declare them the best ribs he's ever had. They did come out nice, tender but not falling apart and a nice deep red ring from the cherry wood on them.

I used cherry also. Ribs come out great with it. Sometimes I toss 1 small piece of hickory in also. Cherry gives it a very nice color.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Will Whittington:
My dog's eyes are glued on the 10.7 lb brisket that sits in our WSM smoker.

We are going with the brisket and some ABTs for tomorrow.

Go Colts!!!!

supersmoke.jpg
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great picture Will!!!!!

JimT

About 70 degrees +- outside temps.

Smoked about 36 lbs of spares and 31 lbs chicken leg quarters for the “Big Game” party at our church.

Pretty good deal on the spares at 1.59 a lb.

Used the WSM and 3 Weber kettles. Used a mix of about 15% apricot, 15% mesquite, and 70% Kinsford.

About a 5+ hr total cook, with no significant difference between the WSM and the kettles. Both cooks passed the tear test and received very good reviews.

The main difference between the two cooks was that I had to monitor the fuel of the kettles about every two hours and keep the temps down by fiddling with the vents, while the WSM kept temps nice and steady at 250+- the whole time.

John

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Reyes:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">with significant difference of the finished product between the WSM and the kettles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The above should have read with NO significant difference between the WSM and Weber Kettles.

John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

John, if you go to your post, you will see a little folder with a pencil eraser on it down into the bottom right corner, click on that to edit/delete your post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul K:
5 lbs of wings - going to smoke them with pecan and then finish them off with a raspberry chipotle glaze in the oven. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOVE Chipotle Wings....!
icon_smile.gif

Back