Super Bowl Cook

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jane Cherry:
OMG! He's requested a seven layer dip. I've never made one of these in my life.
If any of you have a terrific, not too large recipe to share, I'd really appreciate it! How ordinary. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's one:
2 T Lemon juice
3 md Avocado
1 c Sour cream
1 Taco seasoning mix packet
1 c Scallion; chopped
7 oz Olives; chopped
Tortilla chips; preferably
-unsalted
1/2 ts Salt
1/4 ts Pepper, black
1/2 c Mayonnaise
21 oz Bean dip; plain or jalepeno
3 Tomato; seeded & chopped
8 oz Cheddar, sharp; grated

Peel, pit and mash avocadoes in medium bowl.Add lemon juice, salt and pepper. In separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning. To assemble, spread been dip on a large, shallow platter. Top with avocado mixture. Put on sour cream and taco mixture. Sprinkle with chopped onions, tomatoes, and olives. Cover with shredded cheese.

I'm doing 14 lbs. of pork shoulder.
I've been invited to this SuperBowl party 2 years in a row now. I wonder why!?!?
icon_wink.gif

Thanks Scott. I'll put this one in my database, but I will not be able to make it until another time. I did receive another dip recipe from a remote family member that calls for chipped beef. I'm sure you could do it with pork butt or brisket instead. It's my husband's and all his family's favorite dip.

Two butts....being dusted tonite (Friday) ...smoke tomorrow nite.

1/2 C dark coffee (powdered)
1/2 C Chili powder
1/4 C cocoa
1/4 C light brown sugar
1 T Cayenne
1 T Cumin

No baste....just a good Southwestern bark.

Well I know I promised not to but:

- my butcher called and said he had a 14.5 lb packer a customer didn't pick up. Offered it to me for $20.

- it's supposed to get close to 50 degrees here today no wind.

- my guru repaired itself in my refrigerator this week.

So I'm doing a 14.5 lb packer and an 8 lb chuck roast. Both rubbed in a brown sugar chili rub. I mustard slathered the chuck roast before applying the rub.

Going to put them on around 10 PM. Haven't picked my smoke wood yet.

Just prior to foiling the brisket I'm going to make a back cut brisket. I'm going to foil the flat but let the back cut keep cooking for a long time then make burnt ends in sauce out of it.

In another amazing development it turns out the cling wrap I bought is green.....

Hmmmm.. Guru repairs itself in my refrigerator, 50 degrees no wind in February, $20 full packer, green cling wrap....

Guess this means the Eagles are gonna win!!!!

Well, this is my first post in some time. I started a new job waaayy back in August and it's kept me so busy that I just don't have time to read the boards and post. A crying shame too.

Anyway, I have three racks of spares in the fridge. I'm gonna do BRITU and some dry ribs (if I have enough rub) and maybe a Steve Raichlen recipe I saw in the 'Pork Recipes.' Maybe I'll even post some pics.

I'm doing everything today, shrimp and scallop ceviche, using two pounds shrimp/1 pound scallops, habaneros and all the veggies, a couple of different salsas, chipped beef dip, and tomorrow I'll throw the Costco Wings 'o Fire in the oven. Will fry up all the corn tortillas fresh tomorrow. Best seasoning on those is seasoned salt.

Finally decided we are meeting at my house -- baby backs / BRITU. I do not think we are opinionated either way about the Superbowl. Probably a little pull for the underdog eagles.

Back