Super Bowl Cook

Jerry N.

TVWBB Emerald Member
What's everyone cooking for the big game?

I'm planning on doing ribs for just a few friends. I plan on using foil for the first time. Someone posted a method (I think it was Jim M.) similar to 3-2-1 with pinapple juice etc. I'm going to try that.

Likewise here Jerry, doing 6 racks of baby backs for a party at my buddy's house. Also going to try the pineapple juice this time on three of them.

Gonna run double beer can chickens (thanks susan) on saturday and then pull those for chicken quesadillas for the game. Served with some of my smoked garden salsa (believe last one in freezer)and sour cream. Party is a few doors down and Tapa's theme, so everyone brings apps. if you will.
Modelo Especial (with lime) seems like a nice compliment to my Tapa's contribution.
icon_biggrin.gif

Crab stuffed artichoke bottoms

ABT's with chorizo filling

Wasabi and Sesame Grilled Chicken wings

Haven't figured out the rest of the menu yet.

There's only two of us.

I'm in charge of the 1/2 time food. 4 butts, cole slaw and baked beans. Should be able to feed 30 - 35 with this amount!

I promised my family not to go near anything sharp, hot, or combustible for 48 hours prior to or 48 hours after the event.

Guess I'm making hoagies and ordering in Chineese.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jane Cherry:
Crab stuffed artichoke bottoms

ABT's with chorizo filling

Wasabi and Sesame Grilled Chicken wings

Haven't figured out the rest of the menu yet.

There's only two of us. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want to go to Jane's house.

OMG! He's requested a seven layer dip. I've never made one of these in my life.

If any of you have a terrific, not too large recipe to share, I'd really appreciate it! How ordinary.

A1 Chicago wings and ABTs.

I am trying my best to find some red peppers around here. I want to do some green (jalapeno) ones with the white filling and some red ones with blue dyed filling. Then both teams will be represented.

And then, hopefully the Pats will win 50-0.
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm taking it easy this year ... my wife is preparing the majority of the "snacks" ... I will prepare some wings ... and possibly a beer can chicken ahead on Saturday ... I liked Brian's idea of using the chicken for quesadillas.

I suppose the ideal menu would reflect the teams playing:

The Eagles ... calls for something fowl ... chicken or turkey.

The Patriots ... gotta go with a Boston Butt.

We have lots of people coming over my house. I'll be grilling a ton of wings for apps. I'm going to do a large pork shoulder, 3 racks of either spares or babybacks, and maybe a turkey. I can't wait...

Well, as it's turned out, I won't be doing much of anything for us on Sunday. I've got two clients on Monday, one right after the other, so my Sunday will be getting ready for them. I can probably only make the artichoke bottoms for us. The rest is going to be bought at Costco. I know, I know. It's a sad state of affairs to have to admit this, but I wasn't planning of preparing everything on Saturday.

My birthday party was postponed due to the (really pretty light) snow, and has been rescheduled for superbowl day, so we're going out for Thai. Wah, no grilling/smoking for me?

Back