Sunday Playoff cook

Bob T.

TVWBB Wizard
Figures, in the 50's and even 60 degrees all week, and when I am off to cook, 20's! Oh well, never stopped me before. Tossing the pork shoulder on with Texas rub around Noon today, 11#'s. Have a 7.5 pound chicken and will do an apple/maple brine, then toss that on in the a.m. Sunday. I know that a lot of you do several different items at a time, but I hate trying to time everything. Want to food ready by noon. Figure I'll put the yard bird on the smoker at 8:30-9 so I can leave the house with everything at noon to go to the inlaws. Will rest about an hour before serving at 1. Using Pecan for the Shoulder, may try the Sasafrass (Sp??) I got for a sample on the chicken. Hope you all are smoking something great this w/e!

No smoking here. The wife wants to check out some college in N. VA for the oldest. Gonna miss all the play offs.
icon_frown.gif

Don't worry about timing on the butts. When they are ready wrap in foil and hold in a small dry cooler wrapped in dry towles or wrap them in a sleeping bag. Takes a lot of pressure off.Holding in a oven or a chaffing dish can dry out the meat. If the pork is getting dry use apple juice.

Back