Sunday Afternoon Sirloin on the Genesis Silver C

Must be a regional thing then. First off tri tip is hard to find period around here and non existent at local Sam's Club(s)

I NEVER buy pre marinated meat/food.

Well, in my defense I had never even heard of Tri-Tip until recent months from this bb. So when I saw it I had to get it. And twice thereafter, lol. But, yes, I would like to get a fresh one that I could season myself.

Yah, what part of the cow does the "Tri Tip" come from. I hadn't heard of it either.

BTW: I am doing some skinless chicken breasts with my own seasoning rub.

It's from the lower part of the sirloin and it's triangular in shape hence the name tri tip.

I am going to keep my eyes out for it as I cruise the meat aisles. What kind of a price per pound should I expect to find it at?

Well it really should be a cheaper cut but like any of the new "darling" cuts it's getting pretty close to ribeye or NY Strip territory. Just try buying a skirt steak. You'd think it was tenderloin or pork belly fuggedaboudit Since the wing craze look how expensive wings are too

It's definitely not a new or trendy cut in my area of sw MO. It's been widely available here for at least 25 years. I don't remember the price per pound? I'll try to remember to look. I do know it's considerably less per lb than a lot of other cuts. But they are as good as anything in my opinion.

Back