Sunday afternoon chicken thighs

Frank H

TVWBB Gold Member
Thought I'd try my hand at some chicken thighs today did some baked potatoes ( no foil this time)
And I even threw a butternut squash on to see how that would come out.
Went NWP (no water pan) this time. Smoker runs a bit hotter , maybe , but def smokier...I'm thinking that's the fat dripping on the hot coals(chic on the bottom grate) I used a big chimney of lit KF and a smaller chimney of unlit same for the fuel.
FrankH1950
[/URL][/IMG]
Did the thighs 2 ways....i brined them all for about 4 hours and then did 6 with just pepper,a little onion salt,little ground sage and then gave em a squirt of open pit.
FrankH1950
[/URL][/IMG]

3of them I dusted with my dry rub and I Plan on giving them a slather of the hot bbq sauce that daddy likes
FrankH1950
[/URL][/IMG]
More on all this later

Last edited:
Frank, that's one darn good looking supper. Love the thighs no matter how you serve them. What did you think of the squash?

Frank, that's one darn good looking supper. Love the thighs no matter how you serve them. What did you think of the squash?

The squash was TO DIE FOR.....I had 3 left from the garden and they're always good , but this time I cooked 2 in the micro as usual , but I put one on the smoker with the spuds and I mixed the smoked one in and the whole batch had a delicious smoky , nutty taste that everyone remarked on. Really excellent!
FrankH1950
[/URL][/IMG]
FrankH1950
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Back