Summit S-650 rehab/restore

Not all of them have this but does yours have an air shutter? It darn near looks like too much air getting in there. Did you change fuel type? I honestly forgot if you did
I have not changed fuel, and no air shutter. If the orifice has warn and is larger than it should be, maybe that's the issue? I should have the new one in a few days I think

Try lighting it with a lighter, like a stick lighter or match. Keep it on the burner for a few seconds even after it lights. I found that the S470 was really tough to light with the knob, but lit well with a stick lighter. It isn't like it goes WHOOOSH or anything either. It just lights calmly like in the video.

Could it be leaking gas from somewhere? That big blue whoosh flame looks concerning since the burner itself doesn't actually light/stay lit.

I bought one of these recently; it could be worth helping find a leak on this grill or future grills.

Leak Detector
I'm holding the gas open for a time to try and bleed the air out
Yeah the orifices, don't wear out
The orifice was a bit crusty, I cleaned it up. Wonder if some of it flaked off, making the hole larger

You have 2 of those beasts?
4 and 6 burner. Both free! Roughly...$250 into the rehabs. Total for BOTH. Both seem to be working perfectly now. Also have a performer I paid $100 for with a pizza kettle attachment and a Genesis Gold C that was free and I restored this spring/early summer by combining parts from another free Genesis silver c. Passed the silver a on to my sister in law for her new family. The 2 burner fits them a lot better than me and my family. I feed about 12 family members once a week, we call it cousins night 😁. Needless to say, I've had a banner summer for getting nice grills. Wanted to replace the solve a fire about 3 years now, the wait certainly paid off! For sure reason I can't upload the photos. I'll try again later

Sorry for the weird attachments, for some reason it will not let me upload any other way. Anyhow, i you're it apart to clean and paint, found this site, and was HOOKED. I then found the Genesis gold c, and a week later the silver c. I used some frame pieces to make the gold even nicer. I originally only wanted the left hand flip up table as mine was cracked. Used the firebox and upper frame as well because they were both in MUCH nicer shape

Got the $100 performer complete with pizza attachment. Cook pizza once a week for the kids and cousins.
Found a cart on the side of the road, made it into a prep cart.
And then I got the 2 summits a week apart from one another. Like I said, been a heckuva summer for me. Now to find, rehab and actually sell them 😂 I can't part with any that I have currently, I literally use them all and often have them all going at the same time!

Back