Summit Charcoal vs Summit Kamado Grill Straps: 2 Levels vs 3 Levels

My understanding is that the straps with a middle level were all the Australian manufacture or model. I have a newer (S6) and only has the two levels for charcoal.
Well, three-level grill straps are shown in the US owner's manual and the exploded US schematic. Maybe not just an Australian thing? Or maybe it is an Australian-only feature that has been included by accident in the US documentation and in a few US grills. Apparently Ryan Ung in the US got one.

6297_53240-19.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

An inconsistency I've noticed is that the US manual shows when used in the upper position, the support ring consists of three rings, but when used in the middle position, it consists of only two rings.

6297_53240-18.jpg

6297_53240-19.jpg

Well, three-level grill straps are shown in the US owner's manual and the exploded US schematic. Maybe not just an Australian thing? Or maybe it is an Australian-only feature that has been included by accident in the US documentation and in a few US grills. Apparently Ryan Ung in the US got one.

View attachment 35586

View attachment 35582

An inconsistency I've noticed is that the US manual shows when used in the upper position, the support ring consists of three rings, but when used in the middle position, it consists of only two rings.

View attachment 35588

View attachment 35587

exploded view is always useful. now if my boss would just lemme go home early to check my grill (i'm self employed and my boss is a real hardasp). must discover the many uses of this three catch setup.

Seems like a nice feature, for me it really isn't something I need to worry about not having.
1" lower baskets wouldn't make me change the way I grill, however the SNS would slide right in the grill on the lower level, that would be nice.
That is if the top setting is the same as where ours are, relative to the cooking grate.

Back