Summit Charcoal Souderton, PA

No brainer at 50% of new price, given the rarity in finding them used. I’d jump on it if it showed up on the local market, even at that price.

No brainer at 50% of new price, given the rarity in finding them used. I’d jump on it if it showed up on the local market, even at that price.

No brainer... if you are definitely in the market for 1....

I wouldn't say in general its a no brainer for the rest of us...

I think they're cool, and I kinda want one... and there is a price that I'd buy one b/c its a deal etc, but that is not the price. Get me one at $500... I'll be wheeling and dealing with my wife..

Last edited:

We know that would not last down here probably more than a few days the price is a bargain. Not sure I could pony up the cash for it though would sell my performer still would be pretty short.

No brainer... if you are definitely in the market for 1....

I wouldn't say in general its a no brainer for the rest of us...

I think they're cool, and I kinda want one... and there is a price that I'd buy one b/c its a deal etc, but that is not the price. Get me one at $500... I'll be wheeling and dealing with my wife..

Chris if you ever saw one for $500 you would have to fight your way to it. There would not be a speed dial fast enough. :)

There's used one for sale in the LA suburbs and the dude wants $1300 for the model without the table. He's smokin' something and it ain't meat.

Chris if you ever saw one for $500 you would have to fight your way to it. There would not be a speed dial fast enough. :)

a man can dream...

Realistically, I don't use my performer or smoker enough, only once each last season, been way too busy and just fire up the gas grill. I really need to make a concerted effort this year when the temps get warmer.

Chris, a man or woman can dream just trying to be politically correct. :) I probably use my performer 10-12 times a year, the smoker maybe about 6-7, the Silver C maybe once a week or less. All these grills were used more when the kids were around, now not so much the smoker is generally only used when 1 or 2 of them are coming over.

A similar one has been for sale in my neighborhood for weeks. No takers so far.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/450233582340423/

I only grill about once a week. Either on the gasser or one of my kettles depending on what needs to be cooked. But I cannot justify spending $1K on a grill. Even $500 is hard to swallow for me. No matter how much cheaper it is compared to a new one. Especially when you can find used kettles and gas grills for a fraction of that price.

Chris, a man or woman can dream just trying to be politically correct. :) I probably use my performer 10-12 times a year, the smoker maybe about 6-7, the Silver C maybe once a week or less. All these grills were used more when the kids were around, now not so much the smoker is generally only used when 1 or 2 of them are coming over.
My problem is the opposite, the kids 8, 3, 9 months, run us ragged to the point I don't have time to relax on a saturday and nurse the smoker, or fire up the kettle, b/c someone needs a bath, shower, ride, etc. If i'm lucky I get enough time to cook on the gas grill for something quick. But then getting these guys to eat good stuff is hard..

Realistically the ~$1K is probably a good starting point for this grill, about 50%off retail, probably the most to expect. People who spend that kind of money for a luxury grill are less inclined to buy used. Its like a luxury car, it loses a bunch of value when it rolls off the showroom floor.

Last edited:

Back