Summit Charcoal Section?

Creating a subforum for the WSK would make me feel like I need one :rolleyes:
well, you do. why fight the obvious?

if you enjoy charcoal cooking and seek to get a combo grill that smokes, grills, does LAS and HAF, direct, indirect and very high heat searing, then that's what a WSK does. the only extra add-on that i'd recommend is the CI center insert. otherwise, out of the box, this cooker does it all, and very well.

and you'd get 12 months use out of it, even in your temps/zone.

well, you do. why fight the obvious?

if you enjoy charcoal cooking and seek to get a combo grill that smokes, grills, does LAS and HAF, direct, indirect and very high heat searing, then that's what a WSK does. the only extra add-on that i'd recommend is the CI center insert. otherwise, out of the box, this cooker does it all, and very well.

and you'd get 12 months use out of it, even in your temps/zone.
Totally agree with Brett. I have had my WSK for a year and a half and have used every way Brett lists. My best LAS was 27 hours on 3 chimneys of charcoal. I routinely cook dinner for 2 with it. Best charcoal grill I’ve ever had.

Totally agree with Brett. I have had my WSK for a year and a half and have used every way Brett lists. My best LAS was 27 hours on 3 chimneys of charcoal. I routinely cook dinner for 2 with it. Best charcoal grill I’ve ever had.
i'm at that stage of life where my tools and toys must make me happy and smile when i use them.

my family says i am tough to buy for. i might be but i don't really think so. there's a connection with a car/tool/device anything you use that when it's the right solution; it just makes you feel really good using it. i love cooking on my WSK. it calms me down. it's relaxing to use. it delivers great cooks for family and friends. i'm able to get the exact result(s) from it every time i use it.

cooking for friends is fun again. comments have been, "i've never had a fresh ground burger before and yours is excellent." "you've ruined barbecue for me as when we go out to buy ribs, they're just not as good (this was my son's feedback after he attended the Reno ribfest this year)." i've never enjoyed lamb before until you cooked it. i didn't know it was that good." "when are you making another brisket becuase i'm inviting myself over."

it's not about me as a griller. sure, i probably know my way around the WSK by now. but this cooker turns out excellent food all the time. the WSK has enabled me to up my game.

yeah, a weber kettle makes a great cooked protein too. and so does a WSM. having both of these cookers in a single unit has made cooking easy.

tonight's pollo asado, margs, salsas and more. i'm looking forward to a fun and easy evening with family. 57F outside only helps.

Back