Suggestions to Modify Sweet Baby Rays?

Gene_N

TVWBB Fan
Hello,

I'm entering a Pool Club BBQ contest this evening. I've already smoked 2 lbs of pulled chicken and have half a point for burnt ends. I'm a big fan of Sweet Baby Rays, it's my kids fav so I use it quite a bit. Any suggestions to make it a bit more tangy or spicy? I participate in the numerous Club pot luck events so many of the other members are familiar with my pulled pork and burnt ends dishes.

Thank you in advance... :)

I'm using some of this & some ranch from Costco....along with a few chow mein noodles to go along with tonight's pulled pork

Gene,

It is all a matter of taste, but I have found that the recipe below suits me better than Sweet Baby Ray's. I got this recipe from this forum (don't remember who posted it).

I mix 5 parts of KC Masterpice with 1 part honey. I love this stuff. Give it a try.

Ray

Locate a post on this site from J. Cherry for "Fat Johnnys Bastardized Piedmont Sauce". It uses SBR as a base, and is awesome.

Happy eating...

You can cut it with a more tangy sauce and/or add your rub to it. I do both. I use a local grocery store brand that isnt near as sweet as SBR, add some rub and whatever else I'm in the mood for. I think it makes a great sauce.

I like to add the same rub I used on the meat I just cooked. Add some hot sauce to cut some of the sweetness and add some Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce to thin out the sauce because it will thicken up quite a bit when you add the rub in. Sometime I will add a little apple cider vinegar too if it needs a little twang!!

Back