Stupid question for smart people

You might look for wheels or cups which use nylon instead of steel... much gentler on aluminum (won't gouge it like steel).

The cup brushes really don't damage aluminum with normal use. I am sure a nylon brush would not be nearly abrasive enough to remove the really hard backed on carbon or even remove the paint on the outside of the cook box and end caps.

The cup brushes really don't damage aluminum with normal use. I am sure a nylon brush would not be nearly abrasive enough to remove the really hard backed on carbon or even remove the paint on the outside of the cook box and end caps.

The newer nylon discs can be a viable alternative to wire, and to avoid fragments of wire (or skin) flying around. With softer metals I tend to start with a less aggressive media and work my way up. i.e. Is my goal to clean it up a bit, deep clean, or to strip it and make it look factory new?

Of course, there are always spots where only a wire brush or blasting media (or chemistry) can get the job done.

The newer nylon discs can be a viable alternative to wire, and to avoid fragments of wire (or skin) flying around. With softer metals I tend to start with a less aggressive media and work my way up. i.e. Is my goal to clean it up a bit, deep clean, or to strip it and make it look factory new?

Of course, there are always spots where only a wire brush or blasting media (or chemistry) can get the job done.
My biggest gripe about the wires is pulling them out of my clothes/skin, so this is interesting and definitely good to know for some use cases, thanks

I’m gonna test this thing out on the inside of lid end caps and see how it goes.

I see that it has the little “Desktop Bench Grinder” icon on the bottom left, but will this fit in my Angle Grinder? Since I have a 4 1/2” grinder…I’m starting to feel like the answer is “No”…sigh

IMG_5341.jpeg

Good test. Just keep in mind that end caps are normally much easier to do than inside cook boxes. Will you be using that on a drill or on an angle grinder?

Back