Stupid question for smart people

I’m gonna test this thing out on the inside of lid end caps and see how it goes.

I see that it has the little “Desktop Bench Grinder” icon on the bottom left, but will this fit in my Angle Grinder? Since I have a 4 1/2” grinder…I’m starting to feel like the answer is “No”…sigh

View attachment 94135
That one would probably be good for getting all the built up grease out of the cook box. It might fit on your angle grinder if you take the guard off of it.

Guard???? Is that what those are? I have bin with three or four of them if anyone needs one.

Yah, most angle grinders burn at about 10K rpms....That wheel probably wouldn't last long.

I’m probably going to return this one and get the correct size. My bad. Ugh.

I ordered these, arrive tomorrow.

IMG_5345.jpeg

Last edited:
John-NY: just FYI, that nylon whisker brush is -not- the same thing as in the YT video I posted above... although it may appear that way.

That video shows a nylon non-woven abrasive wheel, those come in various 'grit' formulations & thicknesses, some have a 5k RPM limit.

The nylon whisker brush in your photo would need a variable speed angle grinder to dial down the RPMs to 6k. Those brushes are great for removing old gasket material from mating surfaces such as oil pans and water pumps, etc. Might work okay for the looser stuff in a cookbox.

Last edited:

Back