Stupid Me.

Clay Jackson

TVWBB Super Fan
Ok, So I smoked two PB using Chris Lilly's injection and rub. Actually I smoked both with the rub and only one with the injection. Here is the stupid me one. I liked them both...but in my prep I forgot to label which one was injected and which one was not. Maybe from these clues you could tell me which was which.

One came out moister than the other...more of a mushy feel to each bite....good, but maybe too moist. I am assuming that was the injected one. Booth butts were the same weight, but the mentioned one took about two hours longer....could be b/c butts will be butts and finished when they finish? Does an injection change the cook time? Any clues if this was the injected one?

I think if you over inject, it can give it a little "mushy" texture. Do they get done faster? I think so, but I should keep records to verify it.
When I did 5 7.5 pounders Saturday, (All within 3 ounces of each other) I put them on around 10:30-11 Friday night. First one came off at 12:30, (bottom rack), and the last came off at 3. Without a long term record keeping test, I have to stick with my story that it's hard to prove if injecting speeds it up for sure or not lol.

Back