Stuffed pork loin

Craig Castille

TVWBB Wizard
1st attempt at pics (lazy)

Here is an 8 lb pork loin that i stuffed and cooked last night. It's really cheap meat ($2.29 lb) and there is zero waste.

Usually I stuff these with a hot smoked sausage, but I wanted to try boudain this time.

The loin cooked in the kettle at 375° with some cherry wood for flavor and color. I applied a cherry glaze at the end for the "shiny" effect.

Served with a bbq fruit relish made of apricot/apple/cherries/and pickled jalapenos. (don't know where those pics are)

http://s336.photobucket.com/albums/n340/craigcastille/s...ow&direction=reverse

That looks pretty good, Craig.
icon_cool.gif
Do you just poke a hole and insert the sausage or do you slice the loin? Can't tell from the pics but it looks like the 1st..

Bill

Craig, thanks for the photos! Thats a sweet idea.
You must have cut half way in to it to open it up for your sausage? I have done these whole pork loins a few times and they never really impress me, but stuff it with a sausage and it should be really good. There isn't really a place localy that sells anything fancy for sausage, I'll probably have to settle for bratwerst, that'd work wouldent it? I'll have put this on my to-do list.
icon_cool.gif

Brandon

I cut end to end. You have to be a little careful about cutting too close the sides.

You can use any store bought smoked sausage (usually I use the spicy Cavanaugh brand that I get from Sams). The sausage makes a more dramatic presentation imo.

Hi Craig, Must say looking at the pictures your stuffed pork, it looks great.
I butterflied my joint then put the sausage in before tying it up again. It was good but I think in future I will try the sharp knife idea.
Being in the UK is used cumberland sausage which was good. However I was lucky enough to be in Texas in June and did one with boudain which was excellent. Thanks for a great idea.

pork loin looks great, nice job.

Have you tried freezing the sausage? Also I think I read using a honing steel to drill the hole.

Back