Stuffed Chicken a la Dwain

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
@Dwain Pannell, posted up a stuffed chicken cook the other day that looked out of this world good, so I decided I needed to recreate it.

I had a Wild Fork chicken on hand, and hustled off to YouTube to look for some guidance on de-boning a chicken......got that done, but had to wait for my grocery getter (daughter #1) to return with my stuffing ingredients, so that went in the fridge to chill out. Got my Crimini mushrooms, chopped 'em up with 1/3 of a white onion (it was big), and got them sautéing in a pan with some butter, EVOO, salt and pepper. When that was starting to dry out, I added the baby spinach (3 decent handsful), and a splash of water to cook down a bit.....

1652757271801.jpeg

The chicken got a little butter, salt and pepper love......

1652757293429.jpeg

Dwain is WAY better at trussing de-boned chickens than I am.....

1652757313943.jpeg

Had a cocktail.....

1652757327558.jpeg

Cooked indirect on the Summit Platinum @ ~400° for about 42 minutes.....

1652757355073.jpeg

Plated up with some white rice (daughter #1), and zucchini (daughter #1). A quick note....I decided the veloute needed a bit of a flavor kick, so I added 2 Tbsp of Dijon mustard, and 3 Tbsp of grated parmesan (veloute was 30g flour, 30g butter, 1.5 cups chicken stock)......it was DELICIOUS!

1652757437212.jpeg

Thank you, Dwain, for posting up your cook. I really enjoyed making this, and it was a very tasty departure from the normal roasted chicken. Fun to putz around in the kitchen with my daughter, too! :)

Rich

Rich and daughter #1, great job!!!!!

You guys are getting better at listing your ingredients!!!!

THANK YOU!!!! ;)

Back