Stubbs natural briquettes, $2.50 a bag

DavidD

TVWBB Super Fan
Went to Walmart (edit, lowes) today, they have Stubbs on clearance for $2.50 for the 15 lb bag. I'm sure this is store specific and not wide spread but seemed like a really good deal. I already bought 4 double packs of kbb and...I didn't know what u all thought of Stubbs so I only purchased one bag to try it. searched this site, doesn't seem popular but seems like people think it is good. Wonder if I should buy more, they had 26 bags left.

Last edited:
I really like the Stubbs briqs, but only for low and slow. At least in my experience, they struggle to gain the heat of many other charcoals. Great consistent quality, but has its place.

I guess I will go back and get more. The price per pound is 16 cents vs 27 cents for kings ford, and the Stubbs has good reviews.

I would of bought every bag right there and then, Stubbs is great burns hot low ash & smells good on light up & thru out the cook.

Sorry, it was lowes not walmart, my apologies. We hit both a d i got a ton of deals from walmart so confused myself. Lowes by me had 26 bags i just bought 10 more at 2.50 discounted from 6.99. Orig price was 9.99. Sandlake road is the one that has them.

wow looks like it's just that one store, when i search the lowes website and choose the sand lake store as "my store" the price changes to $2.50 but when i change it to any of the ones near me, the price changes to $8.99.

OOOH actually, i just hit the "Check other stores" link which shows how many bags they have left, and found the Riverview store has like 56 bags left so i chose that one and the price is $2.50! SCORE! Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: just ordered 12 bags for pickup later and found an online coupon code via google, my total was $26.01 woo hoo! Thanks again Davidd!

Last edited:
Found a store near me selling for $2.25 a bag. I ordered 23 and used a $10 off $50 coupon. Net $1.82/bag or 12 cents a pound! Screw those Memorial Day KBB "sales", lol

Oh man, my wife is going to kill me. I already picked up 25 bags about a month ago for $4 each.

Well'p not how I expected my yesterday to end, I ordered online and got the "we are processing your order" email and waited and waited for the email saying it was ready for pickup, never got it, so I called the store to ask the status and they tell me that they didn't have the quantity in stock, even though online it said they had 50+ bags she said they actually only had 1. So ended up just cancelling my order. Bah to you Lowes!

Well'p not how I expected my yesterday to end, I ordered online and got the "we are processing your order" email and waited and waited for the email saying it was ready for pickup, never got it, so I called the store to ask the status and they tell me that they didn't have the quantity in stock, even though online it said they had 50+ bags she said they actually only had 1. So ended up just cancelling my order. Bah to you Lowes!

They do this often. The sku numbers changed I think. I went to a store that had "55" bags in stock of the on sale stuff. Well the 55 bags they had all rang up regular price and they only had 3 bags of the on sale stuff.

Glad to those of you who scored. Some turned a great deal into something even better. I have 11 bags plus 10 bags of kbb so not sure I will pounce on any July 4th sales.

Picking up my bags

a0JADVh.jpg

Added to the stash, now 46 bags total

pj7HIKH.jpg

i used this stuff recently and didnt like it at all, never got hot and smelled and tasted like lighter fluid. i used the rest to get my fire started at the campground... wish i had a better experience

If you haven't had a chance to buy any stubbs yet, keep checking your local stores on bLowes.com guys! Some stores are still having sales. There are 2 in my area that have stubbs @ $2.92 & $4.50 per bag!

Northridge had it @ $2.92 & Simi Valley had it @ $4.50. I just checked these stores & you're right - $9.99 now.

Back