Stubbs natural briquettes, $2.50 a bag

I just found bags of Stubbs for $1.17 per bag! They were up in the rafters, as they had already switched to the new 14 lb bags. Picked up 11

sup folks?? just stopped by my local lowes Stubbs 14lb bags are 5.99 thru 7/6/16 limit of 2.. I sure hope this stuff is not going away as I can find nothing else that works so well.. did 2 boston butts last week bot 16 hours outta 18 WSM.. I emailed cowboy but nothing back yet, also a side note on the brinkmann water pan, since brinkmann is BK parts are hard too come by but the masterbuilt cheap smoker has the same charcaol pan in if that works for 18 WSM water pan... take care glenn

I know the original post in this thread is old, but personally I feel like KBB gives less ash and burns longer for me, regardless of whether I'm doing low and slow or hot or somewhere in between. I just always seem to have more Kingsford left at the end of a cook than I do Stubbs. Stubbs, on the other hand, seems to give more ash, and burns up more quickly (or at least doesn't allow for re-use as readily as Kingsford does), but I feel like it gives better flavor than Kingsford. I foresee myself typically having and using both kinds of charcoal depending on what I'm cooking... for longer cooks I'll tend toward KBB since I'm using wood chunks anyway, but for shorter cooks I like the smokier flavor I get from Stubbs more.

Back