STUBBS FOR $4.25 IN NC.!!

Tim (the grillaholic)

TVWBB Super Fan
I just got home from the Lowes in Salisbury where I picked up 20 bags at the price of $4.25 a bag! It is still listed at $8.50 a bag, but I coppied the sale price from CA. and took it in with me. They matched the CA. price without any hesitation. (I got this info and idea from another post)
Go to the lowes web site, enter in product code 297978. that will bring you to the Stubbs page. Then in the store locator, enter the zip code 93711. it will then show the Ca price of $4.25 per bag. Print that page and take it with you to Lowes, that worked for me!!
Thanks to all that have posted info about this great sale on some (IMHO) AWESOME charcoal!
Tim

They may as well put it on sale in NC, the word is getting around. I price matched with the store in Galax, VA (the closest one to NC I could find that had the $4.25 price) and got 6 bags in Winston-Salem this morning.

I did the same thing here in Nashville, Tim. They hesitated, but the store manager was in a good mood (according to the associates), so they honored the $4.25 price. I got 10 bags, probably will get me through the summer. When I run out, I will go back to Trader Joe's for their store brand Rancher charcoal.

OK guys I have printed out the coupon,
Lets just hope the store manager here in Henderson is in a "good mood" also...
icon_wink.gif

I am hot on the trail of this stuff. I just called local Lowes where they are selling Stubbs at the regular price. I gave him locations where I thought it was a BOGO deal. Am awaiting a return call. New Englanders unite and halt this tyranical geographic discrimination.
icon_smile.gif

Update---Just got a call from the fellow at Lowes. He confirmed that at least California is having a BOGO deal and he would match that. I am headed out soon to scoop up a bunch. He said he has 25 bags and would sell them all to me if I wanted.

Not wanting to be a pig about it, I only took 16 bags for $68.

I picked up 8 bags yesterday here in Kentucky. The were still marked the $8 price but came up $4.25. Got enough to last through summer I hope
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry D.:
They may as well put it on sale in NC, the word is getting around. I price matched with the store in Galax, VA (the closest one to NC I could find that had the $4.25 price) and got 6 bags in Winston-Salem this morning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish they would put it on sale here.The last time I saw a post like this,I printed the flyer with the add and when I went into the store I was told that they wouldn't honor the sale because it wasn't local.
icon_confused.gif

Thanks Alot!! Followed your tip and Lowes in CT accepted it no problem! Bought all of the 15 bags they had! Also did the Kingsford deal at Home Depot to stock up on that.

How does Stubbs compare to Kingsford regular?
Regular K is 40lb for $10 bucks at home depot. It works fine for me. But stubbs may be an upgrade. or better for steaks?

I stopped by the local Lowes here in the Salt Lake valley and they didn't have the sale price displayed but I talked to customer service about it being on sale on their web page and they said it was on sale. I grabbed 4 bags and took it to the register where it rang up at $4.25 per 15lb. bag. I think it's a Lowes "stealth" sale in some places. That is, they don't seem too interested in marking the item for sale.

Sadly, it seems to be over now. I had to be away (traveled all the way to Hendersonville) and never saw this thread. Now even the CA sites show the normal price.
icon_frown.gif

Rich

Back