Stubbs chicken thighs

Frank H

TVWBB Gold Member
Never seen Stubbs BBQ sauce on sale before. Our local stop n shop had it 2 for 5 bucks , so I grabbed 2 flavors. Did some chicken thighs on the gasser and finished them with the Stubbs.
SAM_0550_zps4c825382.jpg

It it was a super nice night for grilling. I wanted to do the thighs on the WSM, but we got home late so I had to go hot n fast on the gasser. Had my sound dock going for mood music and all my tools in readiness. The chicken probably took a half hour and it was moist and delicious , with beautiful crispy skin.

SAM_0560_zps12848bb2.jpg

So , the Stubbs sauce was a pleasant surprise. Really good. Tastes very much like a homemade sauce. Good tomato flavor with a nice mix of spice. Excellent on the chicken and I'll bet it will work well on pork too.

Last edited:
Nice cook. I haven't seen Stubbs here, but if I do, I'll try it

Great looking chicken. I love Stubbs. Use it all the time. They make a good marinade too.

Looks like a delicious cook, I've purchased stubbs once and I really liked it.

thanks guys. I had heard good things about the Stubbs sauces , but they were always so dangled PRICEY! (Did I mention I'm a huge cheapskate?) but at $2.50 per bottle , the time was right. I only bought 2 because sweetie was there reminding me that we already have about a dozen bottles of BBQ sauce on hand. :p But if it goes on sale again I'll pick up a couple more....and maybe some of the marinade.

Very nice job with the chicken, Frank. Just the right Stubbs sauce glaze.
One of our local pro bbq friends just received a sponsorship by Stubbs.

Great looking chicken. I love the Stubbs Spicy, but have to buy a bottle of regular too as I have some wimpy friends. ;)

Yea that chicken looks great! I really like the Stubbs sauces. Did you get the sweet heat also?

i did not. But next time I will get a jug of that. My family is spice sensitive , but I love the heat.

Great looking chicken. I love the Stubbs Spicy, but have to buy a bottle of regular too as I have some wimpy friends. ;)

i hear ya. I really enjoy the spice , but so many people just can't deal with it at all. You know , I don't want my mouth to be on fire by any means , but I do like a little ZIP to my BBQ.

Nice looking chicken Frank! I haven't tried Stubbs yet but so many people rave about it I'll have to give it a try, if I can just remember where I saw It.

I rarely buy bottled sauce but when I do it's Stubbs. I actually just got a bottle of the Hickory Bourbon to go with some smoked sausage I grilled up the other night. Saw it onsale and figured I'd give it a try. Now I want to do up some thighs

I recently purchased the Stubbs green chili marinade. Looking forward to seeing what it has to offer. P

Back