Stubb's charcoal

NHefner

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew what time of year Stubb's goes on sale at Lowes? I always buy KBB twin packs when they go on sale (Memorial, 4th, Labor day) I never knew when Stubb's is on sale. I love KBB, but I think I'm liking the Stubb's more when it's on sale.

thanks guys

I don't recall Stubbs going on sale with any regularity. The last time (late August, I think, just before Labor Day) was - according to the guy at my local Lowes - them trying to clear out old stock due to some kind of overpurchase last Spring. Could have been true, could have not...I didn't really care, as long as I got it at $6/bag.

Having used it on a few cooks now, I like it for chicken since it doesn't leave any aftertaste the way that KBB sometimes does. For beef, I haven't noticed much difference.

Thanks guys...I was hoping not to have to go on line weekly to see if it's on sale...lol

Last edited:
As Chad stated above; Kbb, you can set your clock by their sales. Stubbs, not so much. It's just lick of the draw as to when you find Stubns on sale.
Sorry,
Tim

Lowes had a couple of really good sales this summer on stubbs - some stores as low as $2.50. Sometimes wally world has a sale as well. But like everyone else said, stubbs sales are hit & miss. The easiest way to catch sales is right here, this website. Or more specifically, the "buy, sell, trade" section of tvwbb.com. The guys here are awsome about passing on/spreading the word on sales!

Back