Struggling to find a failure cause... Genesis

Called Weber (Singapore) and they told me that because the BBQ was from North America that they cannot give me replacement parts due to "International Warranty not covered"
I've recorded the call in frustration as I asked how can I buy the parts and the lady said "cannot do".. Looks like i'll be ebay'ing it..

Frustrated

Tim:
Since they say the grill is from North America, I would email Weber support and see if you can get them to do something. If not, I would follow the recommendation of Bruce and others on getting them from Amazon or Alibaba. Even if not under warranty, they should be able to sell you the parts for the registered grill. Just a thought.

Tim:
On your blockage issue..... Looking at the photos, try taking the 3/8" flare fitting off the manifold and see if you get gas flow to there. If you get no gas, then definitely, a bad regulator or hose. As an alternative to doing that, does the sideburner light? If it does, the problem is in the individual burner valves, not your regulator or hose.

Tim,
Try registering your grill on Weber.com. Then you will at least be able to get the exact part numbers you need when you go to order them. Sometimes Weber is priced right, but for most stuff going to Amazon is cheaper.

Tim:
Looking at your posted photo https://ibb.co/3Rx93yr the hose looks like it got damaged, possibly pinched. Perhaps, you could squeeze it back into round and see if that allows gas to flow. You could also disconnect the rubber line from that piece that looks like a bracket to see if you get gas flow out of the rubber line.

Tried to replace the igniter, no change.
Called Weber USA and spoke to the support staff. She said the grill is to be used in the country of purchase. I asked if I can get support, she reiterated the original purchase.

So it would appear i'm going to have to get a friend to call into support and get a part to ship to me.

I didn't note anyone mentioning the tank safety valve, but may have missed it.

I have seen spiders fill orifice holes so gas doesn't flow. Mainly I see tank safety valves activate to prevent gas from flowing. This is caused by an open valve when you open the tank valve. The valve senses a valve is open and activates. To solve:

Close tank valve and grill valves.
Slowly open tank valve 1/3 turn at a time.
Then open a gas valve and try lighting with a match or or lighter.

Your igniter probably needs a cleaning of the contacts. Call weber how to trouble shoot.

Hope this helps

Thanks much for the help. When I disconnect the tank, I hear the pressure realease and I am able to use the same tank with my Weber Q220 so I doubt it's the tank.

The lady on the phone mentioned the manifold but I wonder if after 2 years of sitting covered under a roof and maybe monthly usage if it's possible to just break?

I'll try the options today and see if I can get it lit.

Thanks much for the help. When I disconnect the tank, I hear the pressure realease and I am able to use the same tank with my Weber Q220 so I doubt it's the tank.

The lady on the phone mentioned the manifold but I wonder if after 2 years of sitting covered under a roof and maybe monthly usage if it's possible to just break?

I'll try the options today and see if I can get it lit.

2 years of not being used sounds more like a bug crawling up somewhere and clogging up something to me.

There's not many parts to these grills, what part are you trying to order? I can see how much it would be to order and ship to you.

Kyle:

I still think his issue is the crimped hose between the regulator and the grill itself. You can see it in a photo Tim originally posted back on page 1. May be debris lodged there where it is crimped which would stop the gas from making it into the grill. The igniter is just a minor inconvenience until he can get the thing fired up.

Wanted to wrap up this thread.

I've replaced both the igniter and hose/regulator and the BBQ works like a champ. I tried to straighten up the hose but either I wasn't able to or the issue was with the regulator. Either way, I'm fired up and ready to cook!

Thanks for all the help.

Perfect. Glad you are back in the game.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Back