Strange Error

NeilHeuer

TVWBB Fan
So my first cook on my heatermeter and I was trying to configure and test email settings to SMS and email with alarms.

I was going through the SMTP settings and now I get this:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:211: /etc/config/luci seems to be corrupt, unable to find section 'main'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:211: in function 'dispatch'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:195: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:194>

Something isn't right obviously. Any thoughts on how to correct this?

Thanks,

Neil

Yeah I couldnt get email or SMS working with Comcast....it kept saying mail accepted,but nothing would get delivered. Finally I tried my gmail account and its all working fine.

Last edited:
I have no explanation of the error you posted about, but it seems you've gotten past that already anyways...

I had trouble getting email to work at first, Bryan suggested I SSH into the rPi and run the command 'msmtp --serverinfo' which will return info about the requirements/capabilities of the SMTP server you entered in your config. This info helped me figure out what options I needed to select to get my mail to go through. (I had to Enable TLS and StartTLS for my server)

Last edited:
I have no explanation of the error you posted about, but it seems you've gotten past that already anyways...

I had trouble getting email to work at first, Bryan suggested I SSH into the rPi and run the command 'msmtp --serverinfo' which will return info about the requirements/capabilities of the SMTP server you entered in your config. This info helped me figure out what options I needed to select to get my mail to go through. (I had to Enable TLS and StartTLS for my server)

The problem was I had tls checked for gmail. When I unchecked it I got that weird error. I rebooted it and it didn't take me unchecking it. So anyway I unchecked it and it saved fine and now it works! I am kinda unclear what all the settings are. There is a high and low mark what is threshold exactly?

Also can I disable the blower section and all from the interface and graph?

Thanks,

Neil

The problem was I had tls checked for gmail. When I unchecked it I got that weird error. I rebooted it and it didn't take me unchecking it. So anyway I unchecked it and it saved fine and now it works! I am kinda unclear what all the settings are. There is a high and low mark what is threshold exactly?

Thanks,

Neil

The "threshold" is temperature that triggers the alarm, there is a temp high and temp low alarm and threshold for each probe. If you put a value in the SETPOINT field for any alarm when that alarm is triggered the pit setpoint will be changed to whatever you set for that alarm...

I don't understand what you are asking about the blower section? If you uncheck "show fan speed" the blower data will not be shown on the graph, is that what you were asking?

Thanks,

Neil

RalphTrimble answered the first question, I believe I can understand your last question. If you look on the graph there is a checkmark that will hide the fan on the graph. Also if you look at the graph beside each probe there is a square box. if you click on the square box it will toggle the that probe either on or off on the graph.

Thanks Ralph, I was wondering too how to set the alarm page.

I had the error again. I rebooted and now I don't have any network. I will play with it some more tomorrow but I am afraid I am going to have to reformat the SD card and start over again :( Not sure what is going wrong with this for me. Kinda stinks that I have to decase it and pull the SD card.

Neil

I had the error again. I rebooted and now I don't have any network. I will play with it some more tomorrow but I am afraid I am going to have to reformat the SD card and start over again :( Not sure what is going wrong with this for me. Kinda stinks that I have to decase it and pull the SD card.

Neil

I tried the reset config option - not sure how you actually get this to go. I switched it to Yes, then what? Kinda confusing. Also I didn't know if this would solve my problems or if I have to crack her open.

Well my heatermeter crapped the bed again right in the middle of thanksgiving. I didn't even do anything on the web interface. I pulled my probes cleaned them off and went to put them in the other piece of meat. I attempted to login to change my setpoints for my alarm but when I went to the website I got that Luci error. Anyone else ever see this? I tried rebooting but I can't get to it at all. The good news was the display worked the entire time - but still a big problem as I was hoping not to babysit while I was very busy cooking other things :(

A couple of the most common things to check are the SD Card, both what card you use and making sure it seats properly and isn't warped, and try swapping the power supplies.

A couple of the most common things to check are the SD Card, both what card you use and making sure it seats properly and isn't warped, and try swapping the power supplies.

Are there a better set of reliable SD cards? Let me know some recommendations. I have another power supply I can try...

Thanks!

Neil

Sorry Neil, I can't really recommend any brands or models, I've just seen some cards that worked fine on a PC but not well on the RasPi. The RasPi SD connector has cracked a couple of my cards to because of the way the connector firmly makes contact on the bottom but is unsupported on top. Watch out for warped cards that don't lay flat. As for power supplies, I've had much better luck with older transformer based supplied than the newer small digital ones. I'm guessing there is more noise on the newer ones and I've seen everything from oddities with probes to boot failures.

I am on my second rasppi as I broke the SD slot because of the card just hanging out. It is truly a flawed design that hopefully gets fixed. Not sure what my problem is with the inconsistent reliability of the heatermeter but your theory seems solid otherwise people would be complaining as well. I'll play with it more I just think things seem to crap the bed when there is an alarm state. I assume everyone is using alarms via SMS and Email?

Well I changed the SD card and the power supply. I used a router power supply that isn't a wall wart but a larger version. I did have one crash last night. I was using pitmeter for the iphone and tried to adjust things but I might have been pushing it too hard and reapplying changes quickly (not sure why it would really matter) but it still seems fragile. The good news this time was that I was able to reboot the heatermeter and get it to come back. For some reason I decided at the time to move the USB wireless device to the other usb port. I can't ping the device when it is unresponsive so I wonder if wifi is the problem here long term. I have two different usb devices - one that was suggested in the build directions and another that came with the raspberry pi kit. I would think both are compatible just one might be bad?

Thanks,

Neil

I am now getting this error on an HM4.0 after switching out my router.

I have no idea how to fix it, I even flashed it to the latest firmware v11

/usr/lib/lua/luci/ccache.lua:81: error loading module 'luci.template' from file '/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua':
cannot read /usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua: Input/output error
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'loader'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/ccache.lua:81: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/ccache.lua:72>
[C]: in function 'require'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:274: in function 'dispatch'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:195: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:194>

Back