Stones in ATL Nov 11

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
Well to my surprise asked my wife if she wanted to go to the Stones in Nov she is all in playing at Mercedes. I saw them in Boston maybe 35 years ago getting old maybe is was longer than that but Billy Preston was playing piano. Still pissed I did not see Tom Petty when he ran through Atlanta before he passed so at 67 what the heck and really could care less what it costs.

Well to my surprise asked my wife if she wanted to go to the Stones in Nov she is all in playing at Mercedes. I saw them in Boston maybe 35 years ago getting old maybe is was longer than that but Billy Preston was playing piano. Still pissed I did not see Tom Petty when he ran through Atlanta before he passed so at 67 what the heck and really could care less what it costs.
I just heard of this tragic news, no cause of death released as of now...very sad!

In 1975 I worked for Bill Graham, the iconic promoter from the 60s. I worked the both Stones concerts that same year at the Cow Palace when Billy Preston accompanied them and was totally unimpressed. Really.

In 1975 I worked for Bill Graham, the iconic promoter from the 60s. I worked the both Stones concerts that same year at the Cow Palace when Billy Preston accompanied them and was totally unimpressed. Really.
That's when Ronnie Wood joined the band IIRC?
I saw them that summer at the old Mad house on Madison ( Chicago Stadium)
I think it was the commodores or the crusaders who opened for them and they got roundly booed.

I just heard of this tragic news, no cause of death released as of now...very sad!

Yes Eric its sad who would have thought he would be the first one out of the four to pass away. Although Mick Jagger has for many years been a health and fitness nut, Keith and Ronnie not so much think Ronnie has had lung cancer twice how Keith has escaped that is beyond me.

Lot's of rumors about "Keef" having blood transfusions to keep him afloat, who knows!

That's when Ronnie Wood joined the band IIRC?
I saw them that summer at the old Mad house on Madison ( Chicago Stadium)
I think it was the commodores or the crusaders who opened for them and they got roundly booed.
Yes I believe that Ron Wood was in the band in 1975 iirc. For both concerts that I worked in July 1975, it was THE METERS who opened for the Stones and they weren't booed at all. During the entire concert the Stones resembled a female in a bondage magazine. The managed to look totally bored except for Mick. Billy Preston accompanied them and on the first night, he played his hit from 1972, OUTTA' SPACE, and the audience darned nearly jumped outta' their seats. He stole the show. And the roaring applause he received confirmed it.

On the second night Billy played his 1975 hit NOTHING FROM NOTHING and didn't quite received the applause that he received on the previous night. It was toned down. And I'm glad that I didn't pay $50 to see the Stones perform. Not worth it to me.

Last edited:
And I'm glad that I didn't pay $50 to see the Stones perform. Not worth it to me.
Was that the price back then?
Heck I was 17 and I know I didn't pay even close to that.
ELO was supposed to be one of the opening acts, but something happened and they canceled.
That's why when they announced it , the crusaders got booed.

Was that the price back then?
Heck I was 17 and I know I didn't pay even close to that.
ELO was supposed to be one of the opening acts, but something happened and they canceled.
That's why when they announced it , the crusaders got booed.
I purchased four tix at $7.50 each. And I never scalped yeah right.

I had a buddy who used to make Ticketmaster tickets with a copy machine and colored pencils.
And yea, I never bought from him.

Back