Stokerlog Version 6

Originally posted by Steve Story:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amir:
It is a harmless error as you noted. It is saying that the message it received from stoker did not match the format that is expected.

I tried to trace this once from log files another owner provided and never could. Do let me know if it happens on frequent basis for you. If so, I might prepare a diagnostic version for you to run so that I can find and fix it. For now, you can safely ignore it.

Amir, I have seen this message a couple of times when I was using a wireless bridge. I just attributed it to a loss in signal during an update to Stokerlog while I was out by the smoker and moved the wireless bridge device. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That may be what was causing my problem as well - I'm using a NETGEAR WNCE2001 Wireless 802.11b/g/n Ethernet Port WiFi Adapter with the distance between the adapter and my router (a Linksys WRT54GL 802.11b/g). Usually no issues and, in fact, no issues when I got that status message.

Scott, no I haven't seen any issues when I get that message. I usually just hit F5 to have Stokerlog update - that clears the message.

Originally posted by Amir:
OK, Android it is! Now, I have a lot of learning to do to port it there
icon_smile.gif

Amir,

You are my hero!!! +1 for Android.

I've been away from here for a while and completely missed this.

I've been trying to use the email notifications with 6.7, and I'm getting an unhandled exception error notice. The first time I tried it, the test message worked ok, and I got 1 email, but that was it. The next email should have had the graph attached, but it never came. When I got back, stokerlog was hung, and the unhandled exception box was up. I closed the box, and stokerlog was hung. I had to restart it.

Tried again with another cook on Sunday. This time, I didn't get any emails, and when I came back I had the same unhandled exception dialogue, and stokerlog hung again. Any ideas for what the problem is? I haven't had any problems in the past, without emails.

Can you post the text for the exception?

Also, be sure to check all the email fields. I have basically no error checking for any of them
icon_smile.gif

I'll have to do another cook this weekend, and try to trigger it again. The dialogue was a standard Windows box, and I believe it didn't have any details other than that there had been an unhandled exception, and I could close the program or try letting it run. When I clicked the button to keep trying, Stokerlog was hung, and I couldn't do anything but close it and start over.

I'll try sending the test email again as well. Maybe it's something with Gmail.

Yes, I am motivated to add it as I have faced that problem recently. I just need to find a chunk of time to get back into the program again
icon_smile.gif

Thanks Amir! Looking forward to it.

If you need a tester before going public with this let me know.

Rather have this before the phone app as a smart phone can access the Stoker's web page.

Originally posted by Mike_L:
I didn't notice this until I visited Rocks BBQ's new site but was this video posted before or after Twitter changed their API, causing StokerLog's tweet feature to break?
Yes, the same change broker stoerklog. Stoker uses a relatively non-secure work-around. I plan to do it properly but it takes more energy
icon_smile.gif

Amir,

Any chance on adding a few free text fields to the screen? I am imagining using these fields to annotate the event, weather conditions, pit name, meat cooking, ect...

Maybe 4 - 10 fields with a limit of 100 characters or.... one large free text field with text wrapping with a limit of a few hundred characters.

Also - currently I ctrl + print screen and then paste into a word doc. Any other way to save and opne the screen shot for reference?

P.S. THANKS for all the hard work and such a cool program!

You mean just a pace to type in text on the main screen? If so, that is trivial to do so yes, I will add it.

And no, there is no other method to save the entire program output. If you want to just save the graph, you can right click on it and save that.

The problem with adding a menu item to save the screen is that it will then save that too.

And thanks for the kind words
icon_smile.gif

Amir,

Thanks for the response. I just had another idea due to an issue - my pit went out an hour ago!

I use the Stoker and teh Stoker Log for a really expensive temp probe and then get the cool graphical display from the Stoker Log - which I think will make me a better cook (somehow).

Since I am running a Traeger I don't get to use the Control Feature which has a Fire LOW and HIGH alarm. Any way you can turn the alarms on without the Control ON? This would be great to hear an alarm if my pit goes out and wake me up!

Arron,

Just use a pit probe and set the alarms on it.
I use the Stoker on a Traeger as well to monitor overnight cooks, graph the cook and the ambient tempertures. Works great.

Billy

Billy / Amir,

I can set the high limit alarm but not the low limit - I guess because a pit probe isn't a control probe unless it is controlling a fan!?! - Hopefully I'm not wrong on this - but if I am, I can't figure it out.

The high limit really isn't the issue - I hardly ever have fires in my Traeger (hardly ever) but occasionally my Traegers do go out. I know - I can adjust my P setting. It would be cool if the alarm went off based on a low grate probe setting.

The Stoker Log did FAIL to alarm on a meat probe setting this past weekend at a comp. First time this has happened as far as I know.

Back