Stokerlog Version 6

Ran the new version 69a.
The way the alarm is implimated for Low/High pit temp monitoring it will not work as the values will be set above food temp. Say you are cooking at 225 and want to be notified when the pit temp goes to 210 or above 240. As soon as the low value (210) is set the alarm goes off because the food probes will be reading lower than the set values.

I guess I don't understand the scenario then.

If you want to use a food probe as a fire probe, you would have two values for it. Right? A low and a high. The low comes from the unassigned fire probe. And the high, whatever you put in that row for the food probe.

Yes, you can't use this method when the food probe is really a food probe because as you say, it starts off well below the fire temp. But why would you need an alarm for that?

Am I missing something?

I haven't got my Stoker to work yet (got it for Father's Day) but ...
what I want is a temperature window that alarms when it gets too low (coming down) or too hot.

Originally posted by Tom Little:
what I want is a temperature window that alarms when it gets too low (coming down) or too hot.
If I understand what you want, I THINK you can call it a fire probe, but don't assign a fan/blower to it.
I don't understand the reason for wanting a "low" since it won't be losing temperature as long as there is a fire in the pit.

BOB

"... as long as there is a fire ..." and if not then I need to wake up and do something, hence, the need for a low alarm.

You're right, with the stoker I shouldn't have to do anything after I start the fire and throw on the meat.

"... as long as there is a fire ..." and if not then I need to wake up and do something, hence, the need for a low alarm.

You're right, with the stoker I shouldn't have to do anything after I start the fire and throw on the meat.
The PIT probe does that...keeps track of the PIT temperature.

I have been using version 6 for a while and it is great. I recently did a clean install with a different version of windows 7 (professional N 64 bit). I just installed stokerlog 6.7. when I attempt to launch it I immediately get the message "Stoker has stopped working""windows is searching for a solution". Any thoughts? I love stokerlog and have become dependent on it.

Thanks,

Rob

I installed version 6.9 and get the following Netframe error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {6BF52A52-394A-11D3-B153-00C04F79FAA6} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
at StokerLog.StokerLog.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StokerLog
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/StokerLog.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.0.7.40149
Win32 Version: 5.0.7.40149
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/ZedGraph.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/Interop.WMPLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Rob, that is a really fundamental error. It basically says the program didn't get a chance to start. Since it happened with both old and new versions, I say it is something wrong with your installation of Windows. Does everything else run well on it?

When it comes to the probes for the Stoker, any of them can be used to monitor food or fire temperatures. But it is hard to get that stubby little "pit" probe deep enough into the meat to make it work well as a food probe.

When you set the probe as a "Fire" alarm, the Stoker classifies that as a control sensor and when you set it as a "Food" alarm, it becomes a alarm sensor. Blowers can be assigned to any probe, but are only active if the probe is a control sensor.

Amir,thank you so much for replying. I love Stokerlog and appreciate that you give it away for free to everybody! Thanks!!

I have not encountered a problem with any other programs so far. I have just reinstalled the operating system in the last 2 weeks, and it is my home computer so I am still reloading other applications as time permits.

I tried installing various versions of .netframe to see if that was the issue. Any other suggestions?

Nothing that comes to mind unfortunately. The latest version is testedin the .Net version 4 that it should recommend for installation if you don't have it.

Did stokerlog ever work on that machine?

yes it did. I was running a different version of windows 7. I am running windows 7 professional N now and don't have the old version.

Weird.

Originally posted by Rob K F:
yes it did. I was running a different version of windows 7. I am running windows 7 professional N now and don't have the old version.

Weird.
Aha! Windows 7 N does not have Windows Media Player. I use WMP to play sounds and it gets instantiated at start. So tht is why it is failing.

Can you download and install WMP?

THAT DID IT!!!!!!!

I can not express how appreciative I am. Thank you so very much. I am cooking a pork butt tonight and will be using the application. If you want to come to Chappaqua for pool and BBQ on 7/4 you are very welcome.

Thanks again,

Rob

I am pleased it worked. Believe it or not one of the groups I managed at Microsoft was the Windows Media Player team!
icon_smile.gif
So once you told me it was an "N" issue, it was easy sailing from there.

And thanks for the offer on the BBQ! Hope you enjoy them. My ribs are smoking as I type this
icon_smile.gif

Thank you for the new version.

Please consider allowing the user to change the install folder. On 6.9a the mandatory folder is:
C:\Program Files\AmirM Software
When I install software I don't always remember the company name that supplies the software.
If I can install it in C:\Program Files\StokerLog
It would make it much easier for me to remember where the program is installed since it's the same name as the start-up program I select.

Thanks for a great program.

Docfxit

I hate messing with the setup of the program
icon_smile.gif
. It is a pain in the neck given the tool I am using. But I will look at it.

For now, in Vista/Windows 7, you don't need to find the program that way. Just hit Start and type stokerlog and the shell finds it and then you can just hit the return key to run it.

Back