Stokerlog Version 6

Amir,

One thing I feel the program needs is a way to save a cooking session automatically in something like 10 minute increments. This way, if the program might freeze or the computer gets turned off by mistake, the graph data isn't lost. I would just restart the program, open the file/folder previously designated, and continue adding data points. Would this be possible?

Seems like a good suggestion. It is one of those things that might be very easy to do or very hard
icon_smile.gif
. Let me think about it.

Well, it definitely wasn't easy
icon_smile.gif
. But I have it prototyped and seems functional. Have to clean it up and make it presentable. Will upload it soon for everyone to play with it.

Need Help cant understand why I cannot connect

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\AmirM Software\StokerLog\StokerLog.txt' is denied.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at StokerLog.StokerLog.StartButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Amir\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Stoker\Stoker\Stokerlog.vb:line 350
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5456 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StokerLog
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/StokerLog.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5458 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.0.7.40149
Win32 Version: 5.0.7.40149
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/ZedGraph.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/Interop.WMPLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

That is a known bug documented on the first page. You need to run stokerlog as Admin in Windows 7. Alternatively you can run the new test version posted recently that fixes that.

Hello Everyone. I have an update to version 6.8. Likely we are on a path to version 7 at this point
icon_smile.gif

Here is the link: http://www.madronadigital.com/...oads/Stokerlog68.exe

Changes:
1. Stokerlog now saves your cook and is able to reload it and restart. Simply start stokerlog again and either type control-p or File-Restor Previous Cook (have to fix the spelling). Stokerlog will then replay a fast version of the data it has gathered after which it will automatically try to connect to stoker and continue running. So be sure the IP address is correct before you use this option.

You can test it by using the simulation mode. Let it run for a couple of minutes and then quit out of stokerlog. Then start it again and type Control-P and you should see it regraph all the previous data.

2. There is now a single file install. So just click on the above link. If it tells you to remove the old version, do that manually. I have to figure out how to automate it again.

3. It should now install .Net 4 automatically. Please let me know if it does not.

4. Fixed a permissions issue with sending email graphs.

Let's get some mileage on this release so that I can finalize it and release it as too many people are suffering through the permissions bug in the current release
icon_smile.gif

Thanks.

You make me nervous when you say you will use it in a contest
icon_smile.gif
. Needless to say, I suggest running it well in advance. You can have it connect to stoker even when not cooking to make sure nothing fails longer term. I think stability is good but one can never predict such things.

Thanks to everyone for lending a hand here and do let me know if there are any other features that should go in. I get these bursts of motivation to work on it and then it subsides for a while
icon_smile.gif
. There is a learning curve to get back into the code after a while. In this case, I upgraded to all new tools from Microsoft which itself is in Beta so it took a lot more time to get going and dealing with the bugs in the tool.

program ran well for our cook. It locked up a couple time but Im guessing it had something to do computer going into sleep mode. But the restart control-Pworked great.

Playing on the smoker this after noon and wanted to turn on twitter and can not.I go into setting to set up and hit test.. nothing happens. Try to enable the radio buttonon main screen and it is not highlight.
?????

Thanks for testing it.

Twitter currently is not functional so I disabled it. It is a pain in a neck to have it pop up for you to get a pin number and such to get authorization.

How much use is there for twitter in stokerlog?

we use it because its there but its more of a toy than a nessesary tool. Friends do like watching the different cooks but again its of no use in regards to us and a cook.

I have never used it but I believe there is twitter in the stoker it self too. Does anyone know if it works?

If you have the firmware in the Stoker updated to at least the version that fixed twitter to use Supertweet.net, it works fine. I did notice that if you didn't have at least 1 blower, one fire probe and one meat thermometer then it would not tweet. Not sure if that has been fixed because I always have at least that setup.

Back before Twitter changed their authorization model I used the Twitter feature in Stokerlog for my remote notifications, this was easier than dealing with the email plus is allowed my brothers and I to see who was cooking and when, simply because we follow each other. Since the change I have used the native Twitter support in the Stoker firmware, but the Supertweet API is, shall we say, not always reliable.

I would really like this functionality reinstated, but I know Amir has higher priority stuff he needs to deal with, so I'll am content to wait.

Good news. I stopped procrastinating and finished Twitter re-implementation
icon_smile.gif
. It was a pain as Twitter in their infinite wisdom, had changed things yet again forcing me to start all over
icon_frown.gif

Anyway, I have tested it and it seems to work now. The mechanism however is different. First thing is going to Twitter Settings. Once there, you see a button called "Get Pin." Push that. Next thing you should see is a Twitter web page in your browser. If you are logged in, it will ask you if it is OK to authorize Stokerlog to access your account. If you are not logged in, do that and then the same question will be presented.

Accept the authorization. Then you see a new browser page with a PIN number. Copy it using your mouse and control-C and then switch back to stokerlog and past it in the text box for it.

Now you should see the Finalize and Test button activated. Push that. If everything works, you should see a success message in the box below the PIN. Any other message in red means something went wrong. Most likely you did not enter the PIN correctly.

You only need to do this once. From then on, simply click the check mark in the main UI to activate twitter.

If you have a need to change the twitter interval, simply do that in the settings and then click "done." Don't touch the above settings.

Let me know how it works. Here is the new link which I am calling version 6.9 on the path to 7.0! http://www.madronadigital.com/...oads/Stokerlog69.exe

An important thing. DO NOT use your normal twitter account for stokerlog. My implementation puts the secrets for this account in the clear so there is a remote chance someone will know and get it and then access your account. Just create a new account just for stoker twitts and there should not be a concern should anyone get access to it.

Have another idea.
For those that use the Stoker to monitor temps a high/low fire alarm is needed.
Unless I missed it a fire alarm cannot be set unless a fire control probe is present.

Originally posted by BMerrill:
Have another idea.
For those that use the Stoker to monitor temps a high/low fire alarm is needed.
Unless I missed it a fire alarm cannot be set unless a fire control probe is present.
You are killing me
icon_smile.gif
. This is hard to implement correctly as there is no field for each alarm anymore to set these values.

So I came up with a "hack" which was easy to do assuming I didn't break anything else. The way it works is that you turn on the fire alarms even though no probe/blower is associated with it. Once there, the "low" value will be used as the low alarm point for any food alarms you activate. In other words, there is a single low temp for all food alarms and is activated by turning on the fire alarm.

Please test it to make sure I didn't break something else.

http://www.madronadigital.com/...ads/Stokerlog69a.exe

One other restriction. If low alarm is set this way, you won't see an indication on the graph when the low point is set. Email and Twitts are activated but not graph captions.

Back