Stokerlog Version 6

I fixed the above bug and have basic functionality of new twitter working. Unfortunately, the new twitter system requires user intervention, acquiring a pin # so I have to create new user interface and browser pop up for that. So there is a bit more work to be done.

Hi Amir,

For some reason, this version 6.7 (Run as Admin) has the target greyed out so I cannot select it. Any ideas?

Workaround for now is to use the Stoker's built-in web ui.
stokerlog.JPG

Yes, uncheck "keep warm." When you have that checked, stokerlog controls the target so that it can lower the temp when the food is ready.

guys, maybe I am missing something... I updated my stoker log to the 6.7 version. I have the .254 on the stoker... When I try to set the alarms in the stoker log, I do and click update.. But when the stoker refreshes, the settings for the alarms goes away.. Why? Did I miss something.

Ah. That might be a bug
icon_smile.gif

A couple versions back, we decided stokerlog should NOT communicate its alarm settings to stoker. That way, when the alarm goes off, it doesn't disturb the neighbors.

Reading your posts makes me think that I did not disable reading of the alarms. So any refresh will cause stokerlog to reset its alarm settings . Is this what you are observing? If so, I will see if I can fix it in the next revision.

Ok I miss that post then. I think it is a great feature to have in the software. Can you now make it a switchable item. Luckily I have a another computer with a older version on it that works great and the alorms work and get saved

Amir,
Is it possible to download a version that has the option in it and just have two different downloads.. Still think some may want to have that option while others dont' Just an Idea.

The older versions are there. Unfortunately, due to firmware changes in stoker in the last 12 months, those versions are liable to crash if you a newer stoker or with the latest firmware.

So go ahead and try.

Let me ask this. If there was a mobile phone, what would be the subset of features you like to see there? Trying to avoid tackling the entire project
icon_smile.gif

I feel like I'd just need the important stuff - target temps, current temps, ability to update and refresh... and MAYBE a mini graph.

Phone App wish list.

How about a mini version of StokerLog?

Opening GUI would be a quick overview of the probes, current and set temps.

Touch on a probe to access settings.

Across the bottom would be quick access to Setup, Graph, Timed cook, probes, and keep warm.

Thanks guys.

Second question. I am not an iPhone/Apple guy
icon_smile.gif
. How much interest is there in an Android app first?

Originally posted by Amir:
Thanks guys.

Second question. I am not an iPhone/Apple guy
icon_smile.gif
. How much interest is there in an Android app first?
I have a Moto Droid (first version
icon_smile.gif
) and would love to see this for Android OS!

P.S. - Your StokerLog app is, as they say, "Da Bomb". But you already knew that.
icon_smile.gif

Amir,

Before I do an re-install of StokerLog I thought I'd save myself some pain and ask what version of the firmware works with this newest version?

BTW - check out the latest activity in Bob's Homebrew thread. Ed has an amazing hack on a WRT54G that uses the WRT54G as a project box and talks to the homebrew controller via serial. He even added a flash card to it for log data storage and a plan is in the works for the WRT to serve out graphs on the built in web server. Cool stuff!

Oh yea -- Definately DROID all the way. They'll have new droid tablets next month Xoon I think it's called (Motorola/Verizon). Also, development is done in Eclipse/Java as apposed to objective C on apple crap.

Back