Stokerlog Version 6

Hello I just installed the latest version and it still errors out when I don't run the program as admin. This is a windows 7 64 bit machine. It says something about not having permissions to the stokerlog text file. I'll get the exact verbiage after work. Thanks.

Originally posted by Amir:
That's really strange. Is anyone else having that issue still?

When I get home tonight, I will try to uninstall and then reinstall and see if it still happens. I'll report back. Thanks!

Originally posted by Mike_L:
Hello I just installed the latest version and it still errors out when I don't run the program as admin. This is a windows 7 64 bit machine. It says something about not having permissions to the stokerlog text file. I'll get the exact verbiage after work. Thanks.

I had the same error. Reinstalled to a new folder "Stoker" that resides in My Documents. Hope this helps.

Joe

Hi,

I have the same problem on a Windows 7 64bit version. I'll try to install in "My Documents" to see if it works as I saw someone try this. FYI I get the following message :

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path: 'C:\Program Files (x86)|AmirM Software\StokerLog\StokerLog.txt' is denied.

I click on details and it says this:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\AmirM Software\StokerLog\StokerLog.txt' is denied.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at StokerLog.StokerLog.StartButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Amir\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Stoker\Stoker\Stokerlog.vb:line 350
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StokerLog
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/StokerLog.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.0.7.40149
Win32 Version: 5.0.7.40149
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/ZedGraph.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/Interop.WMPLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Just installed StokerLog 6.7 on Windows 7 64 bit, first time installing since building this machine a few months ago. I didn't change any of the default directories during install and everything went fine.

Hi Guys. I found the bug and fixed it. It was staring at me in the face but couldn't see it
icon_smile.gif

Anyway, in the process of fixing it, I upgraded to Visual Studio 2010 and it broke a few things which I fixed. That's the hope anyway
icon_smile.gif

So can I get a few people installing it? The only change is that stokerlog.txt (the log file) lives in your My Documents folder now.

http://amir-views.com/downloads/SetupV67.msi

Thanks!

Installing it now, prompted me for .NET Framework 4.0 so installed that as well.

Everything seems fine. That log file error is no longer there.

One thing, I'm not sure if this is just my machine (Win7 64) but I have the image of the Windows Media play/pause/ff/rwd buttons smack in the middle of the grey area, right above that graph, lol

Thanks. That image shouldn't be there but that was one of the changes I had to make. So I have to fix it.

What is the latest version of Stokerlog that will run with .NET 3.5 SP1? .NET 4.0 requires WinXP SP3, and I am not sure my Windows box will load SP3 -- it has a munged restore point. I just do not want to take a chance on screwing up any of my video stuff on the Windows box.

Thanks. It looks slick. I have not really used it with the Stoker yet because I am trying to get an ancient 802.11b wireless bridge working.

Updated to .NET 4, but still not twitter feed and I still get the "Not enough fields in the telnet string" error although everything seems to working ok.

Originally posted by Amir:
Hi Guys. I found the bug and fixed it. It was staring at me in the face but couldn't see it
icon_smile.gif

Anyway, in the process of fixing it, I upgraded to Visual Studio 2010 and it broke a few things which I fixed. That's the hope anyway
icon_smile.gif

So can I get a few people installing it? The only change is that stokerlog.txt (the log file) lives in your My Documents folder now.

http://amir-views.com/downloads/SetupV67.msi

Thanks!

Originally posted by Bob Hunter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amir:
Thanks for letting me know Bob! Will have to find some time to redo the interface....

Twitter has shut down the standard authentication. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about using http://api.supertweet.net instead of api.titter.com? I am not sure how hard a fix that would be for Amir, but it may be something to explore.
{EDIT}
I received my Stoker a few days ago and the web server had a box titled OAuth proxy and pre-filled in it was "api.supertweet.net" I registered with them and in about 24 hours it was approved and visible on my twitter connections page (in Settings) I had to add "http://" before the api.supertweet.net in the OAuth proxy box but now I have been able to get my test tweet and two updates 15 minutes apart so far....

Originally posted by Murray Wilson:
Updated to .NET 4, but still not twitter feed and I still get the "Not enough fields in the telnet string" error although everything seems to working ok.
I could never find or replicate that bug. Is it happening all the time?

Back