StokerLog Version 5 Preview

Amir,
Using the latest posted version and everything seams to be working a-okay. Emails are coming through on time, but not getting the graphs again. Not a big deal.

I really like the opaque back ground on the notes again. That bugged me a bit when they were transparent.

Fantastic job, thanks again.

Bob

Bob, try setting the time intervals for email and graphs to different setting. It worked for me when I did that.

I would just like to not only thank Amir again, but also those of you that are testing the new versions of Stoker log.
Being that I am very limited on my computer knowledge I really appreciate those of you that are helping to get the bugs out of this new version.
I will just be waiting in the background and keeping an eye on things.
Even though I don't have an idea what you are talking about half the time, I am learning as you go, and really appreciate your efforts.

Bob, are you running XP or Vista. Also, do you see error messages in red about GDI+ in the status bar? This is what I am trying to fix. If you don't get the errors, then there must be another problem.

On my XP machine, 8 out of 10 times the graphs fail with above error. I am not home right now and my laptop is Vista so I can't debug it 'till I get home later tonight.

Amir, I am running Win XP, with all the latest updates. I am not seeing any GDI errors in the status bar. I checked the log and there are not any in there as well.

Also, at about 1:51 PM I got a Stoker hung message, but no alarm Email or anything. I didn't notice the failure for about 30 minutes, as I was watching the Daytona and not the cook. To recover I didn't need to restart the Stoker, I just held shift and hit start on the stokerlog. It reconnected just fine.

Hmmm. Seems like I have more work to do
icon_smile.gif
. Which version are you running Bob?

I am running the latest download 5C. If you remember last week you made a change in I think 5b, at that point I was getting the graph every single time.

Here is the graph from my use of 5C today
GRAPH
I had two "Stoker is hung" messages, but I think it was just a timeout on the Stokerlog, because the Shift + Start reconnected the Stokerlog.

You mean the graph used to work for you but it is not anymore? If so that, is strange. I will make a diagnostic build for you to try and see what is up.

On stoker being hung, was that the message ("hung") or did it say "Stoker not responding?"

If it is latter, then it is a change I made in version 5 and I may need to make that timeout longer. It used to wait forever and as such, not detect the connection being lost.

Yes, in 5b the graph worked.
The message said Stoker hung, You need to restart the the stoker. or close to that.

Ah, as I had feared, I had broken the graph attachment in 5C. Here is the fixed version: http://la.gg/upl/StokerLogPreview5D.msi

On stoker hung message, that is really strange. I only get that when the box is hung good. Seeing it operate normally after that is strange. Can you find the telnet file I mentioned above and see if there is a string "Java" in it?

I downloaded and used the new version today.

I noticed that when I chaged the temp settings via the Stoker that the Stoker Log had no clue that I did it. I'm not sure if the older version behaved any differently.

I also noted that if I changed the target temp setting via Stoker Log it had a tendancy to not display the update. -->As in change the temp, click outside the temp box, click update stoker. Then Stoker Log said it was updating, but it still read the old setting. I did it again and Stoker Log displays correctly. I did not go look at my Stoker directly to see if it took the update the first time.

Originally posted by brian lanius:
I noticed that when I chaged the temp settings via the Stoker that the Stoker Log had no clue that I did it. I'm not sure if the older version behaved any differently.
This is by design. Stoker does not notify my program that anything is changed. Fortunately, you can just hit F5/Refresh and stokerlog will re-read everything from stoker and get in sync with it. Reason I don't do this all the time is because it is very slow (5-7 seconds).

If you use the HTTP-only mode, then you will always be in sync but face the above delay.

I also noted that if I changed the target temp setting via Stoker Log it had a tendancy to not display the update. -->As in change the temp, click outside the temp box, click update stoker. Then Stoker Log said it was updating, but it still read the old setting. I did it again and Stoker Log displays correctly. I did not go look at my Stoker directly to see if it took the update the first time.
Can you expand on this a bit? You mean you change the target, but when you hit Update Stoker, it goes back to the old value?

Amir,
I sent you the tenet_input.txt file. I did not find any instances of "Java".

version D is working perfectly on the email for me, I configured it to send every two minutes with a graph of 2, since AndyS mentioned that having them the same was a problem for him at one point.

I will try to replicate the Hung error again also.

Originally posted by Amir:
Can you expand on this a bit? You mean you change the target, but when you hit Update Stoker, it goes back to the old value?

Exactly, change target, click update stoker, stoker log appeared to refresh, but it remained with the original target value.

I did not check my Stoker to see if it took the update.

I updated via Stoker Log a second time and it corrected itself.

I wish I could give you more details, I was busy doing other things while cooking this afternoon, so I didn't give it my full attention or investigate the conditions that caused it any further. I'm pretty sure it happened twice as bumped the temp up to get things done.

Amir,

With the newest version of StokerLog (build 3a) whenever I try to change the target temp, the program crashes when I hit the update Stoker button.

Bill

What does the crash message say?

While I am here, I finally fixed the issue with graphs not being sent properly on some machines. Will do more testing and post later.

Amir,
I was just thinking about a neat little feature I would like to see added. You now have the application emailing the graphs. What about just saving the graphs automatically on a user definable location at a user definable interval.

With the feature I could upload then directly to my gallery, and then while away from the house during a cook I could browse out to the Gallery and get a look at the graph.

Back