Stokerlog Connection Issue. Help Please...

D Arita

TVWBB Fan
I just got a Belkin gaming adapter and have it set up. When the adapter is plugged into an interior socket, Stoker connects to Stokerlog with no problems. When I take the whole setup outside and plug into the outdoor outlet, Stoker "Fails to connect" to Stokerlog. Why is this happening?
When I run an extension cord from a window adjacent to the smoker from an inside outlet, Stoker and Stokerlog connect fine. I want to be able to use the outdoor outlet for power and connections as it is near the smoker. Is there a way to make this happen or do I have to use the funky extension cord out the window?

OK. I just found out I could have gotten a wireless adapter rather than a plug in type adapter. Would a wireless adapter work if it is just outside the house? Do any of you use these wireless adapters?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D Arita:
I just got a Belkin gaming adapter and have it set up. When the adapter is plugged into an interior socket, Stoker connects to Stokerlog with no problems. When I take the whole setup outside and plug into the outdoor outlet, Stoker "Fails to connect" to Stokerlog. Why is this happening?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For those wall plug adapters to function, there needs to be a loop - You probably have a separate run from your circuit box to your power outside the house.

OK. Here's my solution. Thanks to Gary, I did not go the wireless route. I also spoke with some experts and they said not to depend on a wireless gaming adapter being able to reach signal outside.
I went to an electric receptacle that is just inside the house from where my smoker is outside. I wired a new receptacle on the outside wall, using power from the inside receptacle. I had already tested the inside socket to make sure I had good reception on the Belkin Power Line Adapter. Now I can plug the adapter into the new outdoor receptacle and have perfect connection with my laptop. Thanks for the help.

Back