.stl files for roto damper and older HeaterMeter case

Nathan FA

TVWBB Member
Hello, long shot but I was wondering if anyone had stl files for the case I'm using for my heatermeater and the robo damper.

I attached pictures of the ones I have, both have multiple cracks at this point so I don't expect them to survive long term.

I tried contacting the Ralph the designer or the RD3 a while back however it appears he's no longer active on the forums.

Thanks

Edit:

I see that the roto damper was not ever uploaded by the creator so I guess I'll have to try one of the other dampers. I'm still looking for the case if anyone has it. I'm not even sure what version it is at this point haha.

Attachments

• PXL_20241014_155315771.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20241014_155315771.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20241014_155330337.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20241014_155330337.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Here is the closest thing to RD3 available for download if Ralph doesn't reply.

Maybe this for the case?
Thank I was just browsing thingiverse and saw that but wasn't sure. Now the I looked closer it appears to be the right one. Only difference is the one Ralph printed has the switch to change between the onboard probes and the remote ones on the roto damper. Maybe I can make that adjustment myself.....maybe haha.

Here is the closest thing to RD3 available for download if Ralph doesn't reply.
Thank you! I'm going to try and print them out and make them work. Ralphs design has the remote probe ports. I may just abandon them since they aren't necessary to operate it.

Just to made things clear, the files provided by Jeff are a damper design provided to the site by Tom Kole. It is Tom`s V2 and it works very well. I use it on a Primo Jr. grill. From what I can see Nathan`s files are the RD3 damper designed by Ralph. Make sure you print a damper that is not oversized for your grill. The largest Primo and BGE work well with the Adapt-a-Damper and RD3. For my smaller Primo JR. grill, Will printed a damper disk that had half the opening from original and that reduced the air available by half. This is similar to RD3. This makes that damper work great on small grills. This my go to damper when cooking a turkey. Tom Kole V2 design for ribs and spatchcock chicken. Temp probe placement is also critical.

Just to made things clear, the files provided by Jeff are a damper design provided to the site by Tom Kole. It is Tom`s V2 and it works very well. I use it on a Primo Jr. grill. From what I can see Nathan`s files are the RD3 damper designed by Ralph. Make sure you print a damper that is not oversized for your grill. The largest Primo and BGE work well with the Adapt-a-Damper and RD3. For my smaller Primo JR. grill, Will printed a damper disk that had half the opening from original and that reduced the air available by half. This is similar to RD3. This makes that damper work great on small grills. This my go to damper when cooking a turkey. Tom Kole V2 design for ribs and spatchcock chicken. Temp probe placement is also critical.
Nothing wrong with printing an oversized damper, if you know how to use the max blower speed setting on the HM.

For a UDS sized grill the stock blower is to small to actually make any meaningful temperature changes. Will it work in summer or warmer climates, probably. It won't work when it's cold outside. The Rd25 is what I use on my UDS and Gravityfeed smoker.

When I use it on my UDS, I adjust the max blower speed down to around 20% of the max. On my Gravityfeed smoker, I leave it at maximum.

It's actually better to have a little horsepower then to not have enough, as long as you know when to not press the gas to much

Last edited:

Back