Still not smoking *****

I did the same thing as George. I said "I will not smoke again". It's hard but you have to ask yourself "Who's stronger, me or a little cigarette".
Just don't ask me to quit eating BBQ.

I quit smoking, 2 packs of camels a day, on 7/4/76, and still have dreams about starting again. That and the dream that I've cut so many classes in college that I'm not going to graduate.

Les Stubby

What a bleep bleep it is to try and stop. We set a date of Feb 14th and so far so good...everytime I want to buy a pack it is 4.50 towards a DIGIQ. Soon it will be mine.
Mike

I don’t smoke except with my WSM but a huge congratulations to all of you who quit. It’s not easy but I’m sure your body, family and friends thank you for it. As Dr. Spock used to say on Star Trek, “live long and prosper”.

My wife and I both quit four years ago, and to tell you the truth, it was the best thing we have both done together. Yeah, we both put on a few extra pounds, but at least we can breath. We are both very happy that after smoking for over 30 years we were able to give it up. We went on the Smoke Away program, and it worked after one day. Yes we both have cravings, but now we beyond those cravings and neither one of us can stand the smell of cigerettes. Thank goodness...

I'm with you Ed! I quit about 3 and 1/2 years ago, started on Smoke away, but after the first week or so, I was able to go without. I am really never tempted to go back, don't like the smell, don't much like being around folks who are smoking, although I don't preach to anyone about it as some do.

Smoked anywhere from 1-3 packs per day over 25 years

I definitely prefer the smell of wood smoke to tobacco!

All of you
Stopping is hard and you are doing great. Keep it up. You have made the right decision!!!

july 15th will be 2 years for me. i was outside throwing the ball with my then 2 year old son and couldn't catch my breath. i decided that night i was done. went from 3 packs a day to nothing overnight and haven't looked back. i smoked for over 20 years. started when i was 14

started when i was 10 quit when i was 32 . 7yrs later i would never go back. I used the patch . Whether it worked chemically or mentally either way it helped me get through it.
Nice to be able to breathe again.

i might wanna add that folks also have great success in just putting a goal of something like 1 week at a time. it takes something like 32 days to break a habit. proud of all you that have quit and even those trying.

I had one when me and some friends were brewing in January, but other than a few packs when I go camping with the guys, I'm pretty smoke free.

Wierd, Les and I have the same re-ocurring dream about skipping too many classes in college. (not that I never skipped a class).

My Friend came up to visit this past weekend, he quit on Jan 1 after about 20 years. I told him to come outside for a smoke with me, and he kind of looked at me wierd untill I told him P was smoking a Prime Rib on the WSM for dinner.

Cool thing is the Prime Rib cost less than a carton of smokes. Tastes a little better too!.

Tom

I QUIT ALMOST 6 YEARS AGO. However, I still enjoy the smell of someone smoking (out doors). When I quit, I was smoking 3 packs a day, and smoked for over 40 years.
I even dreamed of smoking and somehoe think this helped. They tasted good, even in my dreams.

Tom.

Originally posted by Dave L.:
It will be 19yrs. in May and I still could have one. I don't know if anyone else has this happen but since I quit, I can smell someone smoking in the car in front of me while driving or if I'm in the front yard I can smell a smoker when they drive but. Imagine what you smell like after smoking one.
You are not alone !

I had my last smoke on April 10th 2007.
I love that wiff you get from another vehicle! And yes, I would not mind having one.

But will I? HELL NO!!!
I can't believe I've been clean this long! No inhaling!

the dream thing must be very common. i never remember my dreams except when i dream i started smokeing again. and i always wake up mad as hell at myself for caving. then i realize it was a dream. probably once a month i have that dream

20 months today. i'm celebrating by doing some brined chicken halves today and 2 racks of spares tomorrow

Originally posted by Daniel Cassady:

I love that wiff you get from another vehicle!

You haven't really quit until that sporadic whiff makes you think "Damn, did I do that for that long?".

I quit the eve before my first cataract surgery (there've been 2 so far, I think I'm done at this point). It's been about 3 years now. I was 49 then. It's a hard thing to do until you hit the crest....then it's a coast and you wonder why it took you so long to do it. My experience, anyway.

Great job man, I celebrated 1 year on January 11th, turned 70 in Dec and had been smoking since I was 12. This was the 5th time I quit but I think I finally got it now. Chantax really helped me

Just hit my two years yesterday! I quit using Nicocure patches. Puffed on a cigar a couple weekends ago, but I didn't inhale, so that doesn't count!
icon_smile.gif
Way to go everyone.
Steve

two years tomorrow
icon_cool.gif
i stil lget the occasional craving but i just tell myself the craving will go away wether i smoke one or not. quiting smoking was the hardest thing i've ever done(and i did some BAAAAAAAD stuff in my early to mid 20's) and i never want to have to do it again.

Back