Still None at Lowes anywhere around me, BUT...

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I looked at Lowe's website tonight. No SmokeFires in my South Florida locale. The newest available date has been pushed back, yet again, to 2/25.

HOWEVER, I did notice the reviews are starting to post on Lowe's, and they are NOT good. This is really looking rough:censored:

There’s one EX4 at the Deland Lowe’s but I can’t find another EX between Orlando and Daytona. Jon, with those bull horns your Bull will never look dated. Maybe classic but never dated.

I looked at Lowe's website tonight. No SmokeFires in my South Florida locale. The newest available date has been pushed back, yet again, to 2/25.

HOWEVER, I did notice the reviews are starting to post on Lowe's, and they are NOT good. This is really looking rough:censored:
Jon when I went in last weekend the website for my store said the 17th but there were two on the floor when I got there. Not sure the website is that accurate, I suppose if you wanted to swing by yours give them a call to see if they have any. Also could have been they were not for sale because they were display models.

According to the Lowe's website most Lowe's stores in my area seem to have two EX4 in stock. But the reviews don't look good. Same with reviews on Amazon.

I was in my Lowe’s on Monday. There was no sign of the SmokeFire or its pellets on that day.

I was in my Lowe’s on Monday. There was no sign of the SmokeFire or its pellets on that day.
Jon, that really sounds surprising to me as your grilling season being in FL is ahead of ATL. Seems a bit odd there would be a few on display in ATL and none in FL.

Jon,

I went to Lowe's for other reasons today and they had both models on display. So I checked them out and there is really nothing to say that hasn't already been covered as far as what you get out of a visual inspection. But here are my thoughts based on a minute once over.

1st. People noted what could be damage on the sides of the box. Here's a picture of the display in the store. I just wiped it with my fingers and you can see the difference. I was curious why there are always so many marks on these so I lightly scratched it with my fingernails. That's picture 3. I don't know if that's good or bad I'm not saying it's a quality problem or not it's just an observation I made.

the following pictures are the grease collection tray that slides all over every time I see somebody open the drawer. I took these pictures because I keep seeing that thing slide all over and while I was checking things out I noticed that that little drip pan had a lip on it. And there's a bar in the smoke fire tray that pulls out. The thing doesn't have to slide all over. They actually designed it so that it stays in place if you put it on correctly.

the final picture is the little cleanup tool that comes with the grill. I'm not sure if my phone camera focused on the writing. I include this picture so people can take it for whatever they believe it's worth.

if you have any questions you think I might be able to answer I'll try, but as I was saying I really don't think there's much to say that hasn't already been said.

IMG_20200222_113106477.jpg

IMG_20200222_113134033.jpgIMG_20200222_113140869_MP.jpgIMG_20200222_113142989.jpgIMG_20200222_113153102_MP.jpg
IMG_20200222_112900516.jpgIMG_20200222_112946347.jpgIMG_20200222_112958361.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at the post I just made, while reading what I said about the first pictures and the final picture. note that what I said and how the pictures posted ended up being backwards to what I thought it would be when I sent it. Or just read my post backwards and it may even make more sense. o_O

EDIT:
And after re-reading my post above this one I had to edit that also. I like the talk-to-text feature but it comes out gibberish sometimes and I'm good at sending before reading.

Last edited:
My Lowes keeps pushing out the date. Now February 27. I go often because of my job, so hopefully I will see one in person soon.

My Lowes keeps pushing out the date. Now February 27. I go often because of my job, so hopefully I will see one in person soon.

Now pushed back to March 2!!! I kind of wonder if they will ever make it here :unsure: . I suppose halting unfulfilled deliveries is a lot cheaper than a recall.

I just want Lowes to get some pellets in. I have had to order them online. Poor fedex guy is a tiny man, he didn’t look thrilled with two 40 pound boxes of pellets.

Back