Steelhead on my 28 Year Old

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So tonight decided to use my 28 year old grill I bought from Sears, not sure exactly who made it but a lot of backyard history with this old girl and she did not let me down, as usual.

So planked the Steelhead with a little lemon pepper and some other spices, and potatoes cut about half an inch and coated with olive oil and some Kansas City style seasoning from Three Little Pigs, banked coals.

On the table with my bride of thirty two years tomorrow dressing fresh salad out of her garden

Hope you enjoy the shots, we enjoyed the meal.

Last edited:
Cool looking old grill, and some delicious looking steelhead trout and sides. I bet you enjoyed that meal. Nicely done, Bill!:)

It's an off the shelf Kansas City Rub by Three Little Pigs Co. . I mis-spoke before calling it St. Louis. Corrected it in the post.

Great looking steelhead and congrats on the anniversary! Great to see that people actually stay married. My generation seems to not think like that, so I guess I'll just stay away from marriage all together! Love that grill too.

Bill I love that brick wall in your kitchen. I am starting to build my first place (small cabin loft bedroom only) and would give anything to have a brick walled kitchen, but it's an all wood cabin so I am SOL on that. If I ever build a house I'll be sure to have one though, if not in the kitchen then somewhere else in the house!

P.S. - Brian sure could hook you up with some mighty fine new wooden handles for that kettle. :cool:

Bill, this looks perfect. Very nice setting! :)
DSC_0591_zps10746ee1.jpg

It said Pacific North West on the Steel Head.

And thanks for the comments, again anyone know who the "Paul" is referred to about my handles?

Back