Steel Demon - Cut Through Frame

Safety.
I am too old, slow, weak, and stupid to use a skil saw anymore.
The band saw is a good idea, but you are stuck.
Sawzall or hand saw. Cutting wheel or angle grinder. No chainsaws

Geesh, I didn't even think to suggest just using a good ole' hacksaw... I'm too accustomed to grabbing the angle grinder or sawzall.

A portable metal band saw might be useful for someone doing rehabs. In my case, I can't justify buying one, as I have no use for it.

Geesh, I didn't even think to suggest just using a good ole' hacksaw... I'm too accustomed to grabbing the angle grinder or sawzall.

A portable metal band saw might be useful for someone doing rehabs. In my case, I can't justify buying one, as I have no use for it.
@Bruce , could this be your new wonder tool at that price point? Think of all those efficient cuts on those frame repairs.

I would also be using an angle grinder and cutoff wheel. But I have used a blade like that on my Miter saw to ensure an accurate and clean and square cut to cut some Stainless tubing. I didn't use a top brand blade and it worked well, but I had the impression that I would not be getting a whole lot of cuts out of it. Since then, I have purchased a cut off wheel for the miter saw and that works good and I have cut quite a few pieces of SS tubing with it. I don't know if they make those kind of blades for a hand skil saw.
That's what I have gone to. Works great for me and feels a lot safer and more secure than handheld saws. I will still use a handheld cut-off tool for something small like cutting rods on a grate, but for larger frame and other pieces a cut off wheel on a miter saw is for me.

I would also be using an angle grinder and cutoff wheel. But I have used a blade like that on my Miter saw to ensure an accurate and clean and square cut to cut some Stainless tubing. I didn't use a top brand blade and it worked well, but I had the impression that I would not be getting a whole lot of cuts out of it. Since then, I have purchased a cut off wheel for the miter saw and that works good and I have cut quite a few pieces of SS tubing with it. I don't know if they make those kind of blades for a hand skil saw.
These work on circular saws. DeWalt DW3511 7-Inch X 1/8-Inch Metal Abrasive Blade https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YDM3DS?tag=tvwb-20

That's what I have gone to. Works great for me and feels a lot safer and more secure than handheld saws. I will still use a handheld cut-off tool for something small like cutting rods on a grate, but for larger frame and other pieces a cut off wheel on a miter saw is for me.

Definitely safer, easier, and more accurate to use a miter (chop) saw for steel tube & angle, since the blade forces the workpiece against the fence. I usually clamp the piece to prevent it from being pulled upwards. With a handheld power saw, your arm/wrist/hand are the 'fence' and clamp...

Back