Steak tips tips?

Willy C

Hi fellow BBQers,

Looking for some advice for 1st time newbie regarding to steak tips tips, no pun intended.

Here's what I got to work with.

Thanks,

Will

Attachments

• IMG_20240829_180406.jpg
    IMG_20240829_180406.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 32
Hi Willy

Hard to say from a thousand miles away. Do you want to do this as a roast or cut into pieces?

I like a reverse sear on my steaks, or hot sear and then low-indirect heat for an even doneness. I like it below medium.

Get a thermometer and start grilling. Getting good steak doneness is also just experience. (You do not believe how hard I messed up after a year of no steak grilling).

Also if the steaks aren't for guests, start poking the top. You can 'feel' the doneness level. But that takes experience as well.

Otherwise get cooking. If you have issues in your cook, come on over and we talk.

There's really no readable description on the package. It would be helpful if you could describe it. Is it one solid piece, a bunch of scraps, slices. Do you have any idea what part of the animal it comes from. Anything would be helpful and keep us from working in the dark.

Sirloin beef tips are popular in my area, a local steakhouse in a neighboring state across the line specializes in tips. I have been eating them for years, there usually cooked on a flat top, at this restaurant you can get them with fried onions or shrooms or both. I never order them beyond medium rare, I often consult with the waitress on how the cook is currently cooking them.

Sirloin beef tips are popular in my area, a local steakhouse in a neighboring state across the line specializes in tips. I have been eating them for years, there usually cooked on a flat top, at this restaurant you can get them with fried onions or shrooms or both. I never order them beyond medium rare, I often consult with the waitress on how the cook is currently cooking them.
I’ll take mine with onions please.
Now I’m hungry.

Back