Steak Grill

Kendall Cook

TVWBB Super Fan
Picked up a steak grill off CL a while back, not free and probably not cheap by some standards but still about 1/4 of what it would have cost new even after having a cart put under it. It was in a counter in someones backyard and they had decided they wanted to put in a new pool so they were tearing out everything else. The grill was made by Klose Pits in Houston so I took it to Klose to have them weld a cart under it. It can't do everything but when I need a lot of real estate for steaks and burgers it really does the trick. This thing is built like a tank, all 1/4 inch steel. I can say that dealing with David Klose and his sister Dana was a great experience. Their customer service is nothing short of outstanding and the quality of their work is amazing.
klosegrill4.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

That's a great looking grill! I have always heard great stuff from the Klose folks! Can't wait to see some meals on it!

That's GREAT! Get some red oak wood started and do a mess of tri-tips, Santa Maria style!

Thanks for the kind comments, this thing takes a little getting used to. Once that thick steel heats up it's hotter than the hinges on the gates of hades. I put a couple of little chuck eye steaks on it for my usual 4 min. a side and it turned them to dust. 1 min. per side for a little steak is good for med. rare.

Love the grill, I'm sure it's a blast to use. Great to hear another BBQ company offering high quality products and support. Pits like that don't show up on CL in SF often at all.

Great looking grill! As I "age", I love hearing stories of companies that offer great customer service....

Be sure to leave that grill in your will, as it looks like it will last hundreds of years
icon_smile.gif

I would love to have a pit like that for steaks, santa maria tri tip and chicken done 18" above a wood fire.

Nice find and good call having them put a cart on it. did you repaint it too?

Lawrence - they don't show up here either, this is the only one I've seen on CL here and believe me it wasn't on there long.
Chris - yes, when they painted the cart they went ahead and painted the whole thing, like I said, they are great folks.

Back