Starting to look for a new Gasser - Spirit II E-210 looks like a good fit

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
After 12 years of faithful service my current gas grill has developed a few issues. The most concerning is a gas leak. I could replace parts and pieces but after pricing out the parts I'd be spending close to $200.00 on a 12 year old grill. Also we really don't need the big of a grill anymore. I'm really leaning towards the Spirit II E-210. Size wise I think it would be perfect. Feature wise it looks good. Any reviews from users here?

44020001B_REV3.png

I think they are good grills. However, most older Silver B grills can be fixed up for about $100 with good quality parts and a little time and elbow grease. Just food for thought.

THis grill which is double the age of your grill was fixed up for under $100 (not including the sand blasted cook box which is not necessary).

I've got a friend that has a 2 burner spirit. Hes had it roughly 3 years. He likes his a lot and no issues to date.

I do agree with Bruce that the older models are built even better though. If you want a 2 burner the older silver A is a great grill. I have one that I picked up for free and put about 150 bucks into (new grates, flavorizors). Its been trouble free since I refurbished it.

A nice Silver A two burner is the way to go. I am going to redo one for a lady with new SS burners, new SS 16 gauge flavorizer bars, new 7mm solid rod SS grates and a new igniter and the parts will cost about $100.
receipt.jpg

Unfortunately, I have no experience with the current Webber gassers. I have severe gear lust for the new Crimson Genesis SE-330, but that has zero chance of ending up in my backyard. Here's a beautifully restored vintage Genesis that might fit your size requirements:

https://bend.craigslist.org/for/d/bend-1987-weber-bbq-lp/7105612387.html

00T0T_hrHk2lvhAvL_1200x900.jpg

Yeah this one has been on CL off and on for a bit. I understand the retro, but for $300 and needing some work, I'd be better off keeping what I have and spending the $200 to fix it up instead of $300 and another $100-200 for newer grates and parts and pieces.

Right now I have too many projects as it is so New is going to be the option.

Case: Whatever works for you. Those new ones are pretty cool looking. Post up a review when you get it. Pictures are mandatory.

Yeah this one has been on CL off and on for a bit. I understand the retro, but for $300 and needing some work, I'd be better off keeping what I have and spending the $200 to fix it up instead of $300 and another $100-200 for newer grates and parts and pieces.

By all accounts I have read, Weber seems to have rediscovered their mojo. Everything new comes with a 10 year warranty. Too bad you're not in SoCal, some liquidater/discounter is blowing out Spirit 210s for $255 and 3-burner Spirits for $360.

J Grotz, I think someone probably hijacked a semi full of them.
It wouldn't surprise me. He has hijacked OfferUp. There's 5 or so ads that he repeats from different towns and seller names, even though they all list the same address in Lawndale. It makes it very difficult to browse for Webers on OfferUp.

Here's a sample:
https://offerup.com/item/detail/859618018/
https://offerup.com/item/detail/859505291/
https://offerup.com/item/detail/859378400/
https://offerup.com/item/detail/859640077/

Nothing wrong with a new Weber either.

If you are buying new, I'd go with a Q grill over a Spirit.

They have 3 different sizes. The largest comes with a built in cart, but you can buy a cart of the smaller 2 sizes, or just put it on a table.

The Qs are built like tanks, very few moving parts and will last a long time. I have an old Q200 that is my go to gas grill during the week when i need to quickly cook a meal

Yeah actually the Q3xxx has nearly the grilling area of a Genesis but the foot print of that little Spirit. And IMO a much better overall grill

I am with Larry's recommendation. I would definitely take a new Q3200 over a new Spirit II 2-burner. I would give the big Q a serious look. It cooks evenly and has almost nothing that will rust out except the cast iron grate. That will last if you take good care of it, and the same issues would be there with a Spirit II.

You can even do effective rotisserie cooking on the 3xxx thanks to the outer circular burner as well.

Yah, but you have to buy an adapter for the grill and everything. If you are going to want to use the grill for roto cooking, I would stick to a regular Genesis/Spirit, hopefully with the E/W burners. But, yah, I have seen those roto setups on the Q3xx grills.

Yah, but you have to buy an adapter for the grill and everything. If you are going to want to use the grill for roto cooking, I would stick to a regular Genesis/Spirit, hopefully with the E/W burners. But, yah, I have seen those roto setups on the Q3xx grills.
Well note I said "effective". None of the new generation of grills (NS burners especially only 2 burners) can do effective or quality rotisserie cooking. And yeah you need an adapter but so what? It's still a better choice than anything else

Back