Starting a new restore. Weber Genesis 1000

That second coat looks really good. It looks glossier than the rattle can High Heat. Which I like.

Guys - HELP! I'm new to the forum, so I apologize if I'm not in the right spot. I'm restoring my Weber 1100 Genesis grill circa 1999, and am great EXCEPT for the bottom tray - the one that is 19-1/2" x 13-1/2" with the 2" grease hole in center. I've got to find a new tray! Weber support is worthless (foreign help on the line from who knows where, and had no clue how to help), but I figured out that tray does not seem to be made any longer. It is NOT the part # 99250/51, and I've searched the internet, and can't even find a part #. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THE PART #, WHERE I CAN GET THE BOTTOM TRAY, OR WHAT ALTERNATIVE I'VE GOT? I sure don't want to trash the grill! I've rebuilt it about 3 times and it's still going strong. Mine has the red-head lid. Thanks! LES

@LesLyons I suggest starting a new post in the buy/sell/trade forum

slide out bottom pans for the x000 Genesis grills are becoming harder and harder to find.

oh, and welcome to tvwbb

Technically not available anymore. Buy/Sell thread may help, also I don't recall who but I believe someone managed sub one in from one of the newer style grills where the hole is more to the side rather than straight down. But, it seemed to have worked

Technically not available anymore. Buy/Sell thread may help, also I don't recall who but I believe someone managed sub one in from one of the newer style grills where the hole is more to the side rather than straight down. But, it seemed to have worked

The slide out pan from front control 300 series genesis will fit an x000.

LP versions have an extra heat shield. NG versions don't have this and will look like the one below.

This is my genesis 1000 with a natural gas slide out pan from a 2016 natural gas E330.

Note: this has a mish-mash of trim from a Silver B, but it is a Genesis x000 cookbox.

1693513439596.png

part number is listed in this thread:

Attachments

• 1693513175372.png
    1693513175372.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Guys - HELP! I'm new to the forum, so I apologize if I'm not in the right spot. I'm restoring my Weber 1100 Genesis grill circa 1999, and am great EXCEPT for the bottom tray - the one that is 19-1/2" x 13-1/2" with the 2" grease hole in center. I've got to find a new tray! Weber support is worthless (foreign help on the line from who knows where, and had no clue how to help), but I figured out that tray does not seem to be made any longer. It is NOT the part # 99250/51, and I've searched the internet, and can't even find a part #. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THE PART #, WHERE I CAN GET THE BOTTOM TRAY, OR WHAT ALTERNATIVE I'VE GOT? I sure don't want to trash the grill! I've rebuilt it about 3 times and it's still going strong. Mine has the red-head lid. Thanks! LES
Hi there! Welcome to the forum. It's great that you're restoring your Weber Genesis grill.
Regarding your search for the bottom tray, I understand your frustration, but it's important to remember that customer support representatives come from various backgrounds and locations. Just because they couldn't assist doesn't necessarily reflect on their nationality. Additionally, they have been extremely helpful in my experience.

Let's focus on finding a solution for your grill – this might be the thread or alternate solution that @LMichaels was referring to:

Hopefully that workaround can help solve your issue!

The Weber part number for the original tray is #40968012. For the longest time, I would plug this number into a Google and eBay search every few days. They don’t come up for sale very often but I’ve managed to add 2 brand new ones and 4-5 good used ones to my inventory in the last 18 months or so. If you do the same, you’ll have one probably sooner than you think. Until then, grab an E series tray and cook on. And, FWIW, the heat shield on the LP versions is just riveted on and can be drilled out for removal. LP grills are much more common so an LP pan should be easier to find.

Welcome @LesLyons!

Here’s a 3rd coat of paint. I forgot and left my sprinklers on in the back. Left some terrible water spots as it hit the paint before the “dry to touch” mark. I used some wet #3 steel wool to knock down the marks and scuff up the surface, and took time to deal with the paint runs and remove those down the bare metal.

Grabbed a 1/4” nap small roller this time and put on coat number 3. Got a few runs I wasn’t careful of, but it’s good enough I think to where I can bake it on.

Looks good to me. Looks shinier than the very matte rattle can High heat which I like.

Well, I wanted to cook on it for this weekend, so I threw together some parts and fired it full blast for an hour. Man, that sucker gets HOT very quickly. I suppose I do probably need to get new burners, but wire brush in the drill and it cleaned up things good enough to get a cook. Need to buy new hardware and a couple new igniters so leaving things not completely bolted in place will work out just fine for right now.

Did my first cook today. Wow……I’ve got to get used to EW burner config, but what struck me was how even the heat is, even with there being a noticeable hotspot. Vegetables came out great, chicken too. Harder to get flare ups like with my old grill too.
Oh yeah, let's not forget that these old Webers cook better than most everything else out there in addition to holding up extremely well. I'm sure you will enjoy that "new" grill for years to come!

Back